• Share on Facebook
      Downloads
      Uploads

patch 1.3 views

Hey guys

Part of the PTR for patch 1.3

Here is some screen shots
      Attached Images
      Last edited by Cazaril; 03-01-2011 at 02:18 AM.

Downloads
      Uploads
      Nice, i like the new replay features, i dont really care about the new icons for your position in a league.
      IceCraft 798 - Error? I'll add you then :) Gimme a shout with your info ^_^
      GMT +9.5
      http://www.twitch.tv/jtxgaming << my stream =]
      Masters leaguer, go easy =)

Downloads
      Uploads
      Let me know if there are other things you want to see and I'll screen shot it

Downloads
      Uploads
      what graphics setting are you playing on? That just looks weird....

are there any balance changes in 1.3?

Downloads
      Uploads
      1. I believe what you are noticing is the low texture detail. Many people prefer to play on that setting because it is less distracting and clears up some of the clutter during battles to help you see/micro clearly.

2. Balance changes are:

GENERAL
      - Players can no longer hide units by setting them in a close proximity patrol (Viking flower).

PROTOSS

Mothership
      - Units leaving the Mothership's Vortex are now un-targetable and immune to damage for 1.5 seconds.

High Templar
      - Khaydarin Amulet upgrade (+25 starting energy) has been removed.

Zealot
      - Charging Zealots will now hit fleeing targets at least once.

TERRAN

Battlecruiser
      - Movement speed increased from 1.406 to 1.875.

Bunker
      - Build time increased from 35 to 40 seconds.

Tech Lab
      - Stimpack upgrade research time increased from 140 to 170 seconds.

ZERG

Infestor
      - Health increased from 90 to 110.

Fungal Growth
      - Stun duration decreased from 8 to 4 seconds.
      - Damage increased by +30% vs. armored units.
      - Now fires a missile instead of being instant cast.

I feel the Kaydarin amulet change is a perfect move. Late game Templars against both Z and T made the matchup nearly impossible and the upgrade allowed Protoss to protect entire expansions from harassment with just 1 unit which could be warped in after the drop. The stim change is in the right direction as well, but I'm not sure if it is the right change. Terran early game pushes are too powerful atm but I think the +1/shield push will replace the stim push with this change.
      Add me: Moderas character code: 933

"I wish I was your derivative, so that I could lie tangent to your curves." Physics jokes ftw

Downloads
      Uploads
      I like the changes to bunker, stim packs, bcs, and zealot charge. Mothership toilet was just a toy so no biggy. I don't like the removal of amulet... it's too big of a nerf. Would be nice if they just prevented the imba warp-in storms without nerfing templar on the whole. Like giving templar 60 base energy, or making amulet +15-20 energy. Infestor/fungal is a big change... I can't theorize the implications of that.

My SC2 VODs: http://www.youtube.com/user/Ketroc21

Downloads
      Uploads
      I'm running low graphics high texture as my laptop can't handle more

Downloads
      Uploads
      mixed feelings. blizzard seem to be changing stuff that was ok and leaving the actual problems in the game...
      removing the amulet is pretty bad imo, it costs 150 gas for toss to waste some medivac energy. thats in addition to the 400 400 costs of getting something that is weaker than EMP in the first place (which is free)
      insta storm was good for defending expo. planetary fortresses are better.
      terran ground > toss ground
      terran caster > toss caster
      cool.

The problems with sc2 are marines and colossus imo -the latter of which you will see in every game now vs terran because HT is worthless (tip: blindly make vikings for a free win) - Marines are now even better vs zerg as no competent terran will get hit by the really slow fungal missile. infestors weren't good enough to begin with, now they are worse.
      mothership wasn't good to begin with, its now worse.
      battlecruiser speed- good.
      larva, mule, chrono alert- fucking stupid
      bunker time increase - one free win build vs zerg nerfed a little - obviously good.
      stim research time increase - not sure if i like it. A +1 armor zealot sentry timing push might outright kill terran with no wall, voidray pushes will kill you if you do wall, then there is the 4gate.

not sure how i'd balance it though. marines are too good vs zerg but if you make them weaker/slower and aggressive toss will kill terran..
      colossus are way to powerful and gateway units are slightly too weak. playing protoss is pretty boring atm. survive long enough to get out enough colossus to attack move everything on the map. but stronger gateway units would be a nightmare early game. warpgate research time increase, or +2 per upgrade instead of +1 maybe?
      maybe colossus shouldn't do full splash damage?
      Last edited by McWill; 03-03-2011 at 11:14 AM.

McWill 243 - EU

Downloads
      Uploads
      Something 100% has to be done about Kaydarin amulet for Terran to have any chance in the late game. Rather it is removed all together, lessened to ~65 energy, or stays as it is but Storm itself is nerfed, it needs changed.
      Add me: Moderas character code: 933

"I wish I was your derivative, so that I could lie tangent to your curves." Physics jokes ftw

Downloads
      Uploads
      Maybe a cooldown when the HT spawns, so that it cant be used straight away, as thats the issue I think, them warping in HT's and storming straight away, hence they can use them only when they need em :/
      The mind is both willing and able, the hands are too busy reaching for the beer bottle..... Add me on the SEA and NA servers: Flamga #377

GMT +10.5!