starcraft 2 strategy guide and video
+ Reply to Thread + Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: patch 1.3 views
  • Share This Thread!
    • Share on Facebook
      Downloads
      Uploads
      will be interesting to see how new fungal works but i'm skeptical as it give you extra time to split up units and avoid it.
      i still don't think warp-in storm is imba vs terran, please correct me if i'm wrong - i don't play terran - but if your going heavy bio you want your units split up to begin with as they are strongest in small groups. AOE units are supposed to be the hard counter to bio, if people go overboard with HT's can't terran make something that isnt marines? you cant make an army that is directly countered by your opponents and expect to win. imo its like going pure roach vs banshee, or pure marine vs baneling, its supposed to lose. harassing may be difficult with warp in storm but defending without it will be a nightmare. i don't know how i'm going to protect my base from mutas or drops effectively now, delaying a push for 30 seconds and leaving your most important units in your base because you MIGHT be harassed will significantly weaken my push.

McWill 243 - EU

Downloads
      Uploads
      I don't think it's meant to balance vs terran because a single storm wouldn't protect a base from a raud drop. It's mostly because warp in zealots to block and storms to destroy shuts down any chance of a zerg counterattack.

Using it wisely pretty much shuts down the speed advantage of zerg :/ and you shouldn't be able to attack with your whole army and not be afraid of harassment or a counterattack.
      Why my name is NightlyNews ---> http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/03/03/slow-jam-the-news-jimmy-f_n_830759.html
      ID: Brian (1312)

Downloads
      Uploads
      You will not find a SINGLE pro gamer who supports the ability to warp in storms. InControl, NonY, IdrA, MKP, Bomber, Tasteless, Artosis, and many others of all 3 races have already voiced their approval of removing warp in storm due to the fact it makes toss late game to a level that is almost unbeatable. Once Kaydarin is out you CAN NOT harass a protoss, and considering Terran's rely on harass to get to late game int he first place that is a bad thing. In addition, bio armies become 100% worthless. Even if you spread your units they can spend 5 seconds on a warp in and have enough storms to cover the entire concave. Warp in storms also prevent T or Z from leveraging a battle victory. If you beat their army, they will just warp in templars and storm the hell out of you when you try to take out their expo.

Kaydarin is in no way a good mechanic for a competitive game to have. While I do think the research should be kept, it should be reduced to starting at say 65 energy.
      Add me: Moderas character code: 933

"I wish I was your derivative, so that I could lie tangent to your curves." Physics jokes ftw

Downloads
      Uploads
      its very deadly lategame i completely agree, toss is very powerful lategame but sucks early on, the standard is currently get enough sentries to avoid fighting, because if you get into any kind of fight you lose (unless cheesing).
      I've been experimenting with the double forge pvt style and i it seems that 0/0 upgrade bio can stim and attack move through a gateway army of equal value with +2/+2 ups so does it not make sense for toss to get a powerful caster to turn the tables?

i'm not raging at balance here, just trying to understand the reason behind the change, as i said above i don't really like the stim change, even though it will help my early game quite alot.
      for what its worth i'm starting to agree with the change. alot of the troubles i have is because i don't make colossus (i hate them and how they are needed in every single match-up for toss to be good) when you skip colossus HT's become so important for staying alive, but i recently discovered that when you pair them with colossus it becomes quite a bit stronger.
      why i initially hated this change is because now colossus is going to be the only viable option, and were going to see them every damn game, making toss a very boring race to play :/

edit: just feel its worth noting. i played a terran who actually transitioned out of early game units once i got amulet and erm.. 7base protoss with 16warpgates of amulet templars is not so scary for 3.5 base terran with thors.
      Last edited by McWill; 03-13-2011 at 05:21 PM.

McWill 243 - EU