starcraft 2 strategy guide and video
+ Reply to Thread + Post New Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: patch 1.3 views
  • Share This Thread!
    • Share on Facebook
      Downloads
      Uploads
      Hi, everyone, I must admit that somethig needs to be done about the HT Kaydarin amulet, but I think that their solution is a little bit too extreme. They just shuould have "nerfed" it, and not removed.
      About the Infestors....it's the same problem as before...making it a missile is "hilarious", I mean, c'mon they are pretty useless and hard to master now(yet they are a great support), but making it a missile and reducen the stun time...it's way to much. perhaps it needed to be nerfed in time of stun, I think possibly to 6 secs, but to 4!!!!!! it cost 75 energy... and it's a expensive unit. Is it that they want the Zergs not to be used with micro at all???? Is it to makes us "forget" about this unit? I think HT Psionic storm, or even raven seeker missile are more OP, and they remain the same. The issue discussed here is not that other habs are OP, but that the nerfed put on FG makes no sense at all....

Well by now those are only beta notes, let's hope they change it before applying it to the game.
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------
      add me as your friend...or foe ;)
      LemanRuss #105 :: USA
      LemanRuss #618 :: EU GMT

Downloads
      Uploads
      The FG change is not necessarily a nerf. It's DPS was doubled against non-armored and more than doubled against armored units which will make it much greater in an actual encounter- especially vs. a Protoss death ball. The reduction in stun time, however, reduces its pure utility significantly and the change to a missile is in my opinion a terrible idea. As long as Feedback and EMP are still instant, Fungal should be.
      Add me: Moderas character code: 933

"I wish I was your derivative, so that I could lie tangent to your curves." Physics jokes ftw

Downloads
      Uploads
      Agreed, the Growth adjustment is less of a nerf and more of a complete transformation of the skill. Now it's a damage ability, whereas before it was a utility skill that allowed you to easily control the enemy's movement. Not saying it's better or worse now, but it absolutely changes how it is used. An interesting change, to be honest. I'm surprised they'd go with something so drastically game-changing rather than their usual tweaking style (adding time here, a delay there). I suspect they didn't truly think the change through from the start, but we'll see how it ends .
      -smagee (#948), GMT -8

Downloads
      Uploads
      One thing I'm confused about.

Doesn't fungal do damage over time. So if the time is cut in half does that mean the dps was doubled, but the final damage is the same?

Honestly this seems to make infestors better against toss, but worse versus terran. Just a guess though I haven't touched the beta.
      Why my name is NightlyNews ---> http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/03/03/slow-jam-the-news-jimmy-f_n_830759.html
      ID: Brian (1312)

Downloads
      Uploads
      My understanding is that damage is halved, as it's the same rate for half the time. The obvious exception is against armored, which I'm guessing they threw in to ensure that it retained some use for countering stalkers. Interesting aside, note that in the last two patches, they've tried to do something to modify Growth's impact on the Stalker. It would seem that Blizz feels that the Infestor vs. Stalker battle is somewhat skewed towards the former right now, but can't find a good balance to fix it.
      -smagee (#948), GMT -8

Downloads
      Uploads
      If the true problem was the stalkers, they should have kept the hability of the FG to disable stalker's teleportation. As we know, the Infestors are weak units, so it's a support unit not a DPS unit. Changing FG from crowd control for dps seems absurd to me, for dps they have dead marines. And I think is a higher dps contribution 4 secs of stun than the raw dps they added. Also, transforming FG into a missile...It seems a nerf to me, reduced stun time and missile....c'mon. I always felt the Zerg as a heavy macro race, in fact they don't have almost any hability for micro, rather than burrow, and the Infestors(all their habs), while Protoss or terran require more micro with tanks, Bcs, ghosts, raven, stalkers, HT, guardian,carriers, mothership...It seems to me that they are symplifying Zerg too much, it's a pitty because I love micro. So, they loose the few options for micro, but we will see. Nothing like trying it, but in text, it seems a huge mistake for me.
      Last edited by Lemanruss; 03-04-2011 at 03:26 AM.
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------
      add me as your friend...or foe ;)
      LemanRuss #105 :: USA
      LemanRuss #618 :: EU GMT

Downloads
      Uploads
      Just to clarify, the spell still does the full 36 damage, it just does it twice as fast. It now does 8 DPS instead of the previous 4.
      Add me: Moderas character code: 933

"I wish I was your derivative, so that I could lie tangent to your curves." Physics jokes ftw

Downloads
      Uploads
      I expect this fungal nerf will end up being a big buff when people start to use it. Practice your emps and feedback as I'm guessing that these will become standard when facing Zerg.

My SC2 VODs: http://www.youtube.com/user/Ketroc21

Downloads
      Uploads
      Just played 3 games of PRT, theres like hardly anyone who plays it. lol
      Vs'd toss 3times in a row ):
      I really love the new features in the replay, its so enjoyable
      IceCraft 798 - Error? I'll add you then :) Gimme a shout with your info ^_^
      GMT +9.5
      http://www.twitch.tv/jtxgaming << my stream =]
      Masters leaguer, go easy =)

Downloads
      Uploads
      Quote Originally Posted by IceCraft View Post
      Just played 3 games of PRT, theres like hardly anyone who plays it. lol
      That's just cuz people think it's a nerf. Noone used psi storm or 60dmg siege tanks in beta too cuz they were nerfed from brood war.

My SC2 VODs: http://www.youtube.com/user/Ketroc21