+ Reply to Thread + Post New Thread

Thread: Radio UEN
  • Share This Thread!
    • Share on Facebook
      Downloads
      Uploads

Radio UEN

Hey guys!

You may notice on the ventrilo channel we now have a music lounge, and that there is a DJ [name] user in the channel. I will be writing up a guide here on how to make your own music bot for the vent server, so we can all enjoy different peoples music while we play. I am going to be making a few rules about this however, such that we dont have people abusing this system.

1: All music bots that people wish to create, ONE PER PERSON shall be listed here with what music it will be playing, and will need to be registered via one of the admins.

2: Music bots will be locked to the music lounge, so there is no spamming. If not registered or not in the music lounge the bot will be kicked.

3: One bot at a time, on a first come first serve basis, I will leave it up to mutual agreements as to what people listen to, if there are arguements and/or complaints the guilty party will be warned (with a penatly most probably following).

Anyway here is the low down on how to, if you have no idea, if you do have your own method thats fine, as long as the quality is good .

First you will need to download winamp, which is easier to play with as far as im concered. You can play your own music, or even stream online radio if you dont have a large variety. Once installed we can leave it for now.

Next download http://rapidshare.com/#!download|113...C_FULL.zip|247 which is Virtual Audio Cable, which allows winamp to send audio via its own input/output (which can be used in ventrilo). Just install with all recommended settings, and dont worry about running, it does it all automatically.

Now we modify the winamp output (this means it will not play out your speakers) and means you can run this on your own pc rather than another pc. Go Options => Preferences, and go to the plugins => Output tab on the left, we want to configure Nullsoft DirectSound Output, and change the Primary Sound Driver to Virtual Cable 1.

Now you need to be able to startup multiple instances of ventrilo, to do this, go to your ventrilo shortcut, and properties, and add to the target line "-m", it should look like this:

C:\program\whatever\ventrilo.exe -m (something like this)

Then in the audio setup, we want to uncheck push to talk, and target sensitivity to 0, so it always plays whatever it hears, you can change silence time however this doesnt really affect much. We then change the input and output options. Output just set to defaults. Input we set to Virtual Cable 1 (like above). You can fiddle with the MUX options however you dont need to and will work fine.

Adjust to audio via ventrilo, set input volume to absolute minimum, (-10 I believe) and outputI find works best is -9, however fiddle with this for best effect, I mean we want to be able to hear each other

Hope this guide keeps everyone entertained Credit to the guys who I copied this method from at How to set up a ventrilo music bot - Cause4alarm.net and credit to the guys they got it from

Music Playlists:

DJ Zergalicious [Flamga]: All types of normal, melodic, orchestral, death and melodic death metal (yes there are difference between them all!)

DJ Shadow [Knuckles]: Laid back, with abit of randomness and comedy on the side!
      Last edited by Flamga; 02-14-2011 at 06:04 PM.
      The mind is both willing and able, the hands are too busy reaching for the beer bottle..... Add me on the SEA and NA servers: Flamga #377

GMT +10.5!

Downloads
      Uploads
      melodic death? Really flamga? I think you just made that up. It seems like a contradictory statement.... or a somewhat satanical viewpoint on death.

Anyways, I'm "dying" to hear it. har har har =)
      OneManZerg - 971

Downloads
      Uploads
      Quote Originally Posted by OneManZerg View Post
      melodic death? Really flamga? I think you just made that up. It seems like a contradictory statement.... or a somewhat satanical viewpoint on death.

Anyways, I'm "dying" to hear it. har har har =)
      Yes we call them in flames its more metal is just like for example metallica (the older stuff) and iron maiden, melodic is a bit more musical, scalish up and downs and more interesting, combined with death and you get some interesting screamo ish styled music lol
      The mind is both willing and able, the hands are too busy reaching for the beer bottle..... Add me on the SEA and NA servers: Flamga #377

GMT +10.5!

Downloads
      Uploads
      I'd love to run a DJ account.

Downloads
      Uploads
      Quote Originally Posted by Knuckles View Post
      I'd love to run a DJ account.
      PM me with what the name will be and what type of music, and I will make the account. Should be good to hear the music of knuckles XD

GMT +10.5!

Downloads
      Uploads
      Hmmm... I may do this when I get my new PC. If I do, the genre can go down as "Fucking wierd" >.>
      Add me: Moderas character code: 933

"I wish I was your derivative, so that I could lie tangent to your curves." Physics jokes ftw