starcraft 2 strategy guide and video
+ Reply to Thread + Post New Thread

Thread: Does Anyone know how to advance in league?
  • Share This Thread!
    • Share on Facebook
      Downloads
      Uploads

Does Anyone know how to advance in league?

I've tried to figure out how to advance from one league to the next and I can't figure out how. If anyone has any information about this, I would like to hear what you have to say.

Thanks!! =)
      Add me
      Name- SOAmessi
      Character Code- 455

Downloads
      Uploads
      Hey mate, again XD there are a few good threads on this, especially in team liquids site. There are pretty much a few things that will affect your going up in placement:

Win streak
      Win ratio (50% or higher)
      And what level you are plaing atm
      These affect your hidden ranking which is what placed you in the leagues.

As far as I know rating from the bonus pool doesnt really come into it that much. So if you are bronze and are consistently beating silver and higher opponents with over a 50% win ratio then its more than likely you will be promoted, however sometimes it takes a loss to initiate the promotion as well, i got promoted to gold ages ago when i lost a match :O so dont be surprised if its taking for ever to go up, as it actually does the more matches you play, just make sure you play consistently, if anyone else can elaborate more please do so
      The mind is both willing and able, the hands are too busy reaching for the beer bottle..... Add me on the SEA and NA servers: Flamga #377

GMT +10.5!

Downloads
      Uploads
      Thanks bro, that helped a lot.
      Add me
      Name- SOAmessi
      Character Code- 455

Downloads
      Uploads
      Unfortunately what really affects (effects? who knows) league advancement is a hidden stat that is how certain blizzard thinks your placement is. Beating higher ranked opponents and having high points plus good win % are normally a good marker of moving up.

But, if you beat a diamond who's hidden stat thinks they belong in silver and your in silver it won't actually "advance you" any more than beating a silver player.

Sadly nothing you can do just keep playing till blizz realizes your better than your current placement.
      Why my name is NightlyNews ---> http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/03/03/slow-jam-the-news-jimmy-f_n_830759.html
      ID: Brian (1312)

Downloads
      Uploads
      Also, I'm no expert on this, but as far as I know bonus pool goes up when you don't play much and it makes your wins give you more points and/or your losses take less points.

If you really care about your e-penis points in starcraft then they matter I guess, but although points are a good marker of ranking I'm fairly certain your league and point system are independent (just for 99% of players they will ascend together)
      Why my name is NightlyNews ---> http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/03/03/slow-jam-the-news-jimmy-f_n_830759.html
      ID: Brian (1312)

Downloads
      Uploads
      I remember when I got placed in silver. I played until I was #1 in my division of silver and continued to stay in silver until I had close to triple the points of #2. Then finally I got promoted straight to platinum skipping gold. Weird stuff.

My SC2 VODs: http://www.youtube.com/user/Ketroc21

Downloads
      Uploads
      Sometimes it just takes a lot of games played to promote you, the system doesn't want to move you up after winning a couple of games that ended up just being kinda lucky then have to bump you back down after a losing streak. Like Ketroc sometimes it will move you up more than one league, it just takes consistent winning from people in certain leagues and losing from ones in the upper leagues, if you are a gold player have a good game and beat a diamond player, then have a bad game and lose to a silver player, that can just stall you from moving up even more as you just confused that hidden rating to where its not sure where you belong anymore.
      slowbadon.139 add me