starcraft 2 strategy guide and video
+ Reply to Thread + Post New Thread

Thread: SC2 Mouse Sensitivity Inconsistancy
  • Share This Thread!
    • Share on Facebook
      Downloads
      Uploads

SC2 Mouse Sensitivity Inconsistancy

I read an interesting thread on teamliquid about mouse sensitivity. This has some importance as it can affect your mouse accuracy. It appears if you set your sensitivity to a multiple of 5, you get inconsistent results.

Basically there is no difference within the 51%-54% range. 56% - 59% range is all the same too (and so on). But if you set your sensitivity to 55%, you get inconsistent results. So for more accuracy, don't set your mouse sensitivity to a multiple of 5 (eg. 35%, 60%, 75%, etc).

On a side note, if your mouse sensitivity in windows is default (6 of 10), then to get the same sensitivity in sc2, make your sensivity in the 51%-54% range.

My SC2 VODs: http://www.youtube.com/user/Ketroc21

Downloads
      Uploads
      Another thing that goes along with this is to turn off Enhanced Pointer Precision aka mouse acceleration. It can make your mouse extremely inconsistent and is overall a bad thing to have on when gaming.
      Add me: Moderas character code: 933

"I wish I was your derivative, so that I could lie tangent to your curves." Physics jokes ftw

Downloads
      Uploads
      I do agree with this sorta, however it depends how you play i suppose. I actually leave it on, and is especially helpful when I changed to pressing the mousewheel to move around the map, allowing me to scream across it widly rather than try to click on the minimap all the time.
      The mind is both willing and able, the hands are too busy reaching for the beer bottle..... Add me on the SEA and NA servers: Flamga #377

GMT +10.5!

Downloads
      Uploads
      does it matter what dpi you're using?

Downloads
      Uploads
      Quote Originally Posted by Moderas View Post
      Another thing that goes along with this is to turn off Enhanced Pointer Precision aka mouse acceleration. It can make your mouse extremely inconsistent and is overall a bad thing to have on when gaming.
      This is true, and I did turn off acceleration... but a warning to you guys if you want to do this: It take quite a while to get used to the change. I spent about 30 games before I got comfortable with acceleration off. First few games, I couldn't click a damn thing.

Downloads
      Uploads
      Quote Originally Posted by XodusT View Post
      does it matter what dpi you're using?
      No idea. But here's the link to the TL thread. It has lots detail there:
      Mouse sensitivity of 6/11 is not 50%

Downloads
      Uploads
      I probably should have mentioned that it takes a while to adjust lol. I am so used to it because I have had my computer set up that way since I was like... 12 or 13 >.>
      Add me: Moderas character code: 933

"I wish I was your derivative, so that I could lie tangent to your curves." Physics jokes ftw