+ Reply to Thread + Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: experamental strategys post what you will and comment on others
  • Share This Thread!
    • Share on Facebook
      Downloads
      Uploads

Question experamental strategys post what you will and comment on others

would a 40 valkery mass with 6 battle crusers pose a threat to a supply line i havent tested this yet could someone test it ima going to be away from the game a wile
      my thoughts would be to punch a hole in the defences in a weak spot (side behind aka little or no defence) with the battle crusers the wave in the valkerys 30 into robo form 10 above with the battlecrusers supporting how effectve would this be?
      Last edited by seige; 01-10-2011 at 09:33 AM.

Downloads
      Uploads
      No, any more tough ones ^^

In all seriousness though how do you expect to get 6 battlecruisers and 30 vikings. I can't think of a safe way to get to that build. If you wanna try it out be my guest, but the only way I see it working is against zerg. Terran have marines and vikings and toss could just mass stalkers with some voids.

Although it does seem like a fun build for custom games, I can't see it working in competitive games.

Downloads
      Uploads
      By the time you get that out, you will probably be dead or way behind, getting that amount of vikings is useless unless your gonna hard counter a number of things. By the time you get 6 BC, 30 vikes, your enemy probably will have half the map of income, so doing damage to mineral line is useless.
      IceCraft 798 - Error? I'll add you then :) Gimme a shout with your info ^_^
      GMT +9.5
      http://www.twitch.tv/jtxgaming << my stream =]
      Masters leaguer, go easy =)

Downloads
      Uploads
      Ok well first off getting this amount of units would be highly unlikely as it leaves you vulnerable to early pressure on the ground, and air for a while until you obtain air dominance.

So lets assume you did get all these units, it would be easy enough to deal with it with ground units, as with each race:
      Zerg: massed hydra/infestor.
      Terran: viking/thor/bioball etc, i would assume it would be most effective against terran.
      Protoss: stalker/high templar (feedback and psi storm)

So its hard punished, for harass, youd better off with banshees/vikings maybe, but a build like this i cant see working.
      The mind is both willing and able, the hands are too busy reaching for the beer bottle..... Add me on the SEA and NA servers: Flamga #377

GMT +10.5!

Downloads
      Uploads
      I must say, I love that you called them Valkyries. I personally liked that name way more than Viking.
      Add me: Moderas character code: 933

"I wish I was your derivative, so that I could lie tangent to your curves." Physics jokes ftw

Downloads
      Uploads
      BCs are gods in TvT (as they hard counter both thors and marines). Then you just need to have at least as many vikings as your opponent. Obviously rushing straight to BCs is usually suicide, but often my late game TvT army looks a lot like 6 BCs + 30 vikes.

My SC2 VODs: http://www.youtube.com/user/Ketroc21

Downloads
      Uploads
      BC can also be very effective at breaking tank lines. With proper use of Yamato a small fleet of cruisers can cut the tank count in half without getting close enough to be in danger. They are, however, extremely vulnerable to vikings (properly microd vikings can kill a BC without taking a single hit) and, contrary to popular belief, not cost effective against marines. Stim marines with equal upgrades can easily handle equal cost worth of BC's, but BC's are significantly more effective per food if fighting only marines.
      Add me: Moderas character code: 933

"I wish I was your derivative, so that I could lie tangent to your curves." Physics jokes ftw

Downloads
      Uploads
      So long as you have equal (or close to equal) viking count, kiting vikings aren't really a threat to BCs. You can do some yamato snipe if u like too. As for marines, in practice I'd say BCs are very cost effective. Because you are massing air only, your upgrades should be ahead (as his mixed army will get a mix of upgrades). I usually double armory with an emphasis on armor. Because of this, in a typical battle, marines and thors are only doing 1-2dmg per hit which is a joke vs 550hp BCs. Even with equal upgrades (which is unlikely), a BC takes 184 hits from marines to kill.

Here's a replay of my mass air TvT strat: TvT - Going mass air

Downloads
      Uploads
      Mass ravens ftw. No seriously... just make an army and spice it up with vikings if you love them.
      CESTQUOICA [919 US] (Name changed)

Downloads
      Uploads
      Quote Originally Posted by Cookie View Post
      Mass ravens ftw. No seriously... just make an army and spice it up with vikings if you love them.
      That is no joke either. I got a 65% win rate doing mass ravens vs zerg in diamond. Auto-turrets are SO powerful, yet a strategy no one uses.