starcraft 2 strategy guide and video
+ Reply to Thread + Post New Thread

Thread: catch me if u can
  • Share This Thread!
    • Share on Facebook
      Downloads
      Uploads

Cool catch me if u can

can anyone think of a counter to a choke bunker with sige tanks and thors cause none of my opponents can especialy if i scout and spot with a marine medic scout squad.
      Last edited by seige; 01-06-2011 at 10:26 AM.

Downloads
      Uploads
      Short answer? Brood Lords. Alternatively, go around the wall (via nydus, drop, air units, etc.) and get at the soft creamy underbelly of the terrans: the SCV line.
      -smagee (#948), GMT -8

Downloads
      Uploads
      ahhh missle turrent perrimiter stops that right?

Downloads
      Uploads
      Wouldn't stop broods, nor the nydus (although nydus is so easy to counter if spotted that it's kind of a niche tactic). Generally I'd say that if you've had time to lock yourself down with heavy bunkers and mech, I'm mass expanding and pushing to tier-3 air units. By the time that you have a respectable combination of tanks and thors (both extremely expensive, and a typical TurtleTerran is only going to be operating off of, at most, two bases), I should be able to get a handful of broods and some combination of corruptors/mutas for support, not to mention a horde of other units (be they lings or roaches).

Obviously this is just from the Zerg perspective; hazarding a guess as to how a Protoss would approach it, I'd think immortals and speedlots, and maybe void rays (I'm uncertain how they'd fare, but if the new patch is implemented and gives them extra damage against massive, they could help clean up thors fairly well). Or, if you're going for style points, rush to Mothership and do either a mass recall into the SCV line (turrets would help, but not fast enough to prevent it from completing) or vortex into the thors and tanks. I'd love to see the latter strat in action just for the fun of it .
      -smagee (#948), GMT -8

Downloads
      Uploads
      Theres very few maps where there is a choke to your natural and the ones that do have a choke to the natural theirs either back rocks or some other flaw.

Very rarely will fortifying a single work against creative players. Sadly I'm bad at thinking on my feet so I just expand and make them come to me.
      Why my name is NightlyNews ---> http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/03/03/slow-jam-the-news-jimmy-f_n_830759.html
      ID: Brian (1312)

Downloads
      Uploads
      I guess if I was protoss i'd make colossusses and move along the base to destroy missiles turrets far from your chokepoint to annoy you. And then move in with voidrays or phoenixes. An other idea would be to mass void rays, give it a spread around the base and A-move. It always depends on what kind of turtling you're talking about: 1 Bunker, 2 siege tanks, okay. 5 bunkers, 6 siege tanks, 15 missile turret, overkill.

Downloads
      Uploads
      The answer to all turtling people, mass expand. But also as zerg, assuming you are trying to spot, I will still got for mutalisk harass inside your base, nydus drops and good old contaminations But from a front perspective only broodlords from the zerg will have a chance from zergs perspective.
      The mind is both willing and able, the hands are too busy reaching for the beer bottle..... Add me on the SEA and NA servers: Flamga #377

GMT +10.5!

Downloads
      Uploads
      i'd use my normal army but lead with a few immortals

McWill 243 - EU