+ Reply to Thread + Post New Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Moderas is Missing!
  • Share This Thread!
    • Share on Facebook
      Downloads
      Uploads

Moderas is Missing!

Hey guys, in case you have not noticed I have been pretty much absent from the UEN for a good two weeks now. The reasons for this are numerous, but essentially the combination of a physics major, friends, girlfriend, and looking for a job (I'll admit it, part of it is the new WoW expansion as well) has made me actually have to leave the computer, which previously was not a problem >.>. I just wanted to make this post so you guys know I am still around, just very inconsistent. For now, you will probably see me post very rarely, but in a few weeks it may be back to normal- who knows?

The 2nd main reason for my post is that I am going to need some help with the league. Due to my inconsistency, I would like it if I could get a volunteer to do pairings (either manually or randomly) and one to record scores. I will still take care of the registration process and will help with both other jobs when I am available. This forum has always been clean and self policing, so moderation should not be an issue with SCV, OMZ, and I watching it periodically.

In conclusion, I apologize for my absence and request some help in continuing the league because I will not be able to do it all this time (especially since it will be 50+ members).
      Add me: Moderas character code: 933

"I wish I was your derivative, so that I could lie tangent to your curves." Physics jokes ftw

Downloads
      Uploads
      As you know im willing to do stuff for theUEN, so thats fine good luck with it all, ive just finished my degree so I got plenty of time to spare for this stuffs
      The mind is both willing and able, the hands are too busy reaching for the beer bottle..... Add me on the SEA and NA servers: Flamga #377

GMT +10.5!

Downloads
      Uploads
      I'm more than happy to do either or both. I'm online everyday anyway

Downloads
      Uploads
      I can help out with either task if needed; I have plenty of spare time for miscellany and administrative nonsense, just not a great deal of time to play .
      -smagee (#948), GMT -8

Downloads
      Uploads
      Good to hear from you Moderas! For those who wants to help out, I truely appreciate it. This site wouldn't be possible without all of your contributions. I think Moderas will contact you guys to distribute the load.

Downloads
      Uploads
      Thanks for the offers, which of you does what is essentially up to you but really I just need:

A person for pairings to either match people manually based on points or randomly using any method they want (I use random.org's list generator) and then post them here

and a person to record scores. To record scores you would essentially just copy the info on wins/losses that people put in the thread. I am going to have 1 dedicated thread for all win/loss reporting to go on in this time so this job will be simplified from last season

The good thing about google documents is that you can send copies of yours to anyone else, so it would be possible for people to alternate or just work together on either of these. Thanks again for the help

"I wish I was your derivative, so that I could lie tangent to your curves." Physics jokes ftw

Downloads
      Uploads
      I think that odds are pretty good that we're going to have more people willing to help than could ever be necessary, which means that someone is going to have to delegate. If only we had someone in charge of matters... a "moderator" if you will.

In all seriousness, I'd recommend against having too many hands stirring the pot at once simply because things tend to get muddled; flavors don't meld properly, ingredients get added that shouldn't be, and you inevitably end up with a casserole when what you really wanted was a pie. ... Or something.

Long-winded and nonsensical metaphors aside, I'll just say I'll do results tracking, since judging from our last tourney, only about half our participants will actually bother to report their results anyway . Mind sending me the list of competitors?
      -smagee (#948), GMT -8

Downloads
      Uploads
      I am going to upload the the final list this weekend most likely, I want to get as many people registered as possible before I release it officially. Here is the most frequently updated list, which was a week or two ago:

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?...thkey=CNOExYQB

There is at least 10 more people I need to add, possibly more.

Downloads
      Uploads
      Xeuphs' name has changed. Just a heads up. In game that is.
      Krawll-959
      Add me and feel the wrath of the bronze.

Downloads
      Uploads
      I'm volunteer to keep record of league results (by putting terms that say that League players will submit game scores to the result keeper after each game, who will compile them up).

As for matchups, I'd work with this simple and good working lil trick:

===

Player 1
      < match 1 > --- (winner A)
      Player 2

Player 3
      < match 2 > --- (winner B)
      Player 4

Player 5
      < match 3 > --- (winner C)
      Player 6

Player 7
      < match 4 > --- (winner D)
      Player 8

===

Winner A
      <match 5> --- (winner I)
      Winner B

Winner C
      <match 6> --- (winner II)
      Winner D

===

I
      <match 7> FINAL - WINNER HERE
      II

===

Oh, and btw, I would do games out of 1. Here's some positive features of it:
      > mistake factor will shuffle the big season winners and will make quicker seasons.
      > adrenaline to make your game perfect
      > omg, out of 1?
      > more emotion =)
      > show what ya got, or see you next season!
      Last edited by Cookie; 12-22-2010 at 10:03 PM.
      CESTQUOICA [919 US] (Name changed)