starcraft 2 strategy guide and video
+ Reply to Thread + Post New Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Direction of The United Earth Network and feedback
  • Share This Thread!
    • Share on Facebook
      Downloads
      Uploads
      Also the splitting is still a bad idea (skill levels) I already notice some peopel going on about how they dont wanna play online with us cause they are bronze/silver.
      I agree with the fact that this sentiment is present, but in the opposite direction. While some of the more active members are very good about gaming with folks of all skill levels (and indeed, obviously, training them as desired), there are plenty of high-level players out there that simply don't want to get stuck with those of us floundering around the bronze/silver regions. I don't mind gaming with those who are significantly better than I so long as I know they're up for it, but it can be just as much a burden to be the person bringing the party down as it is being he who holds it up .
      -smagee (#948), GMT -8

Downloads
      Uploads
      Yes, I agree, but what I meant by "splitting" it up as in re-organize the forums a bit so that there is a section for each skill level. Each skill level is different in many aspects. Some questions that lower level players might have may be solved at a lower level. The play style of a diamond player sometimes isn't always helpful to a bronze. By no means do I want the community divided with online playing into different skill levels. By all means I want a good mixed tossed salad of skill levels playing together, I encourage it in fact. I just think that when the community gets bigger, the forum can be better organized. A bronze player shouldn't dive straight into diamond style tactics and strategies without first learning the basics and lower level things, you know what I mean?
      Fealorin.945
      http://uentv.blip.tv/
      www.ustream.tv/channel/theuen
      www.livestream.com/theuen

Downloads
      Uploads
      Yea thats fair enough, I would think that people answering would be able to take that into consideration when explaining fixes etc, so long as the person asking for help or tips tells us what league they are in.
      The mind is both willing and able, the hands are too busy reaching for the beer bottle..... Add me on the SEA and NA servers: Flamga #377

GMT +10.5!

Downloads
      Uploads
      Quote Originally Posted by Flamga
      A bronze player shouldn't dive straight into diamond style tactics and strategies without first learning the basics and lower level things, you know what I mean?
      Thumps up to that.
      I'm a proud bronze lvl and I've been to straight at high skill techniques, which I learned, but couldn't do. I got the game since SC2 is out, and I still have issues with building workers (mostly went back from work).

I know mostly everything you can do in the game, but just can't make it. I can tell someone if I spectate, but when I play, MAGIC TIME! My brain flees =P
      I usually play unorthodoxe 'cause 1- I'm like that 2- it counters my lack of macro.
      I got my micro better though =)

So yeah... +1 do make rankings and not throw new players up vs diamonds (but still, I agree they should do one or two match for the replays and fun factor).
      CESTQUOICA [919 US] (Name changed)

Downloads
      Uploads
      Honestly the reason I joined this site is because it's how I figured out what the balls queens do.

0.o -- Take from that what you will.

Downloads
      Uploads
      Quote Originally Posted by Cookie View Post
      I know mostly everything you can do in the game, but just can't make it. I can tell someone if I spectate, but when I play, MAGIC TIME! My brain flees =P
      Oh, I so know what you mean.. - happens to me whenever I watch a replay of myself, I'll just go from "OMG, why did you do that?!" to "you're lucky your enemies were even worse than you, or you'd have been finished right there" to "Scout! Scout!! Scout you idiot, you don't have to loose like that"...

But in order for this post to not be totally off-topic, in regards to the direction of TheUEN and feedback - well, I don't think I'm in any position to talk about "direction", as I'm just a lurker on the site and the forums, enjoying all the work you guys put into this, and having the delusion that I might even learn something and get better from watching all those livecasts, commentaries and strategy vids. Besides, I'm one of those lonely EU players, so even if I dared to and wasn't so scared already I wouldn't be able to join in any games in NA/SEA region.

So I'll stick to some feedback, and that just has to be totally positive, because you are doing a heck of a job with TheUEN, with all the work and time and fun you're putting into it. I don't know how much work it is to put a livecast together, but I can't really express how much I enjoy listening to OMZ going "I've got tons of zerglings, gonna rape them now" or ScvRush doing some trashtalk because OMZ spread creep all over the places he wants to build, or... - well, you get where I'm going.

I must admit I'm still somewhat surprised how.. large and connected TheUEN seems to be - I mean, not only do you have a lot of articles on different aspects of the game on the site, not only do you produce lots of replays and videos, but you've got FTW being a "proud partner of TheUEN" in every video they post, so TheUEN has a whole lot of publicity on the web (or so it seems to me). That's something I did not really expect or realize when I first visited the site, and started to hang around on livestream.com/theuentv.

What I'd personally find interesting would be some sort of "history of TheUEN", like how it came to be, why "United Earth Network", what attracted you to stick around and to invest yourself into TheUEN by doing commentaries or livecasts.. - but that's only me, and perhaps all those info is up on the site already and I just missed it until now..

Oh well, this post is going nowhere fast, so lets stop it...

/burrows

Grathak #706 (EU) :: GMT +1

Zerging around in EU 3v3 bronze leage on fridays - being flabbergasted to see people who actually know what they're doing ingame on livestream the rest of the time. ^^

Downloads
      Uploads
      Krawll-959
      Add me and feel the wrath of the bronze.

Downloads
      Uploads
      Thanks for everyone's input, keep them coming on each idea if you can. I do read and check the thread often. Thank you for all those who wants to make a change in what you think its the best for the UEN.

Quote Originally Posted by Grathak View Post
      What I'd personally find interesting would be some sort of "history of TheUEN", like how it came to be, why "United Earth Network", what attracted you to stick around and to invest yourself into TheUEN by doing commentaries or livecasts.. - but that's only me, and perhaps all those info is up on the site already and I just missed it until now..
      /burrows
      Reminiscing the early years of Starcraft magic

My personally history of website building and the reason for some of the stuff happening here.

Downloads
      Uploads
      I found the site through the Youtube videos of SCVrush and OMZ. While I sometimes try to work on a couple of strats, I'm more interested in spectating and the occasional competition for funzies. Definitely would like to see casts of smaller tourneys (maybe just the semis through finals), and I'd be willing to throw in a couple of Jacksons for a prize pool to make it interesting.

Casted Youtube tourneys with prize pools might make a good portal for the site.

Also, if there's a way to change the forum background to something plain, that'd be great too.

Downloads
      Uploads
      Quote Originally Posted by Ramennoodlesoup View Post
      I found the site through the Youtube videos of SCVrush and OMZ. While I sometimes try to work on a couple of strats, I'm more interested in spectating and the occasional competition for funzies. Definitely would like to see casts of smaller tourneys (maybe just the semis through finals), and I'd be willing to throw in a couple of Jacksons for a prize pool to make it interesting.

Casted Youtube tourneys with prize pools might make a good portal for the site.

Also, if there's a way to change the forum background to something plain, that'd be great too.
      Im agreed with this that would be nice as im not a fan of the crowdedness of the site atm, it looks good, but white on black is starting to hurt my eyes >.<

Also when will we get custom portraits for the site :P (jokes XD) I just think that would be cool XD
      The mind is both willing and able, the hands are too busy reaching for the beer bottle..... Add me on the SEA and NA servers: Flamga #377

GMT +10.5!