starcraft 2 strategy guide and video
+ Reply to Thread + Post New Thread

Thread: Your favorite race2race matchups
  • Share This Thread!
    • Share on Facebook
      Downloads
      Uploads

Your favorite race2race matchups

I wanted to start a thread and was curious to what are some 1vs1 matchups you like best race to race and why! Preferably for those too look upon that might have have trouble in similar matchups so the idea is for constructive information differed build orders under certain situations I will post mine once I get one typing on a iPhone is quite distraught

"Arguing on the internet is like competing in the Special Olympics, even if you win your still retarded!"
      Decent Plat-Diamond players add me to play! XEuph 656 or uschruppmc@gmail.com

Downloads
      Uploads
      And I have plans to make a 1vs1 guide which I have already started and entries as such would essentially be used and credited for non beneficial gains besides helping others and will be allocated to this site only! Anyone willin o collaborate in such a project in anyway shoot me a pm :d

"Arguing on the internet is like competing in the Special Olympics, even if you win your still retarded!"

Downloads
      Uploads
      I think TvZ is so far my best match-up. I don't really know why. I have a bit of trouble against protoss, and even more trouble against terran.
      Fealorin.945
      http://uentv.blip.tv/
      www.ustream.tv/channel/theuen
      www.livestream.com/theuen

Downloads
      Uploads
      What build Order do you use mainly in your matchups how do you play against Zerg in different situations that may help others for example if you see them go hard roaches do you do a 111 with quick air tech or describe to us your success me personally I woul like to know because this is my least favorite matchup

Downloads
      Uploads
      I always do some sort of Fast Expand variation depending on what I scout and what the map is and my location. On 4 player maps at 1v1, I always fast expand and I always try to Fortress Fast Expand. On smaller maps like Steppes of War, Jungle Basin, Blistering Sands, etc, I go for a 1 rax FE. If the zerg goes for an expansion, I mass marines and hit early even after I Fast Expand. I throw down 2-3 more barracks after my expo and pump mass marines and pressure him to hell while I get my expo up and get some tech up. I usually slowly add in a few marauders, but I mainly try to tech up to medivacs and banshees while keeping marine production. I eventually have about 6 barracks 2 starports and a factory pumping hellions. At about this time my third base is going up. I try to keep constant pressure and keep constant unit production so I can expand and keep map control.

The moment you take pressure off a player, he'll grow and possibly over-take you.

I've become quite an aggressive player actually. If the enemy is going for a 1 base build or late expo, I usually get a few bunkers up at my natural after I expanded. As soon as he attacks me and tries to take me down, he'll fail and at that point it's usually GG. I'll have the economic advantage and the army advantage. I push out, take a third base, while massing up more troops and I go for a strike.

It really mostly depends on what the opponent does.
      Last edited by Fealorin; 12-08-2010 at 01:17 AM.
      Fealorin.945
      http://uentv.blip.tv/
      www.ustream.tv/channel/theuen
      www.livestream.com/theuen

Downloads
      Uploads
      I like ZvP.

I feel like ZvP is pretty balanced in terms of fight and very aggressive based as neither race can turtle as much Terrans.

I like to go with a large speed advantage when playing Protoss (creep spread, mutas, lings) but eventually transition into Hydralisks inevitably as they do so well vs. the gateway units. However, you will have to be ready to counter Colossus as Hydra/ling gets owned by Colossus but a few good air units can turn the tide of battle. Also, if they use Phoenix you will need some spores around your bases and a good pack of Hydralisks to backup any mutalisks you have.

Hope that helps ya.
      OneManZerg - 971