starcraft 2 strategy guide and video

View Poll Results: What do you think of the Auto-Link Function

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Awesome, it provides great resource for those who are not familiar with SC2 units

10 71.43%
  • It is kind of distracting, bothers what I am trying to read

1 7.14%
  • I find it annoying

1 7.14%
  • Doesn't bother me, don't care

2 14.29%
+ Reply to Thread + Post New Thread

Thread: New functionality on the forums: auto linked text
  • Share This Thread!
    • Share on Facebook
      Downloads
      Uploads

New functionality on the forums: auto linked text

Hello Gentlemen!

If you have been using our forum for the past few days, there are links generated automatically on the forums for starcraft 2 keywords (IE: mothership, zerg, protoss strategy).

This serves 3 purposes:
      1. It provides good resource to those who might not be familiar with a specific unit or strategy. We have a lot of forum users with different skill levels, I was hoping to improve the experience of users.
      2. It helps google understand that this post is relevant to a specific unit or strategy. Linking to that strategy on the post will get us ranked better for that keyword!
      3. It makes the units stand out.

Disadvantages:
      1. Could be overly spammy if people keep refering to my name SCVrush ahah
      2. Distracting?

This is a test implementation, I want to hear what you guys think. Vote and let me know what you think.

Ohh, what do you guys think about a GSL section on our forums?
      Last edited by SCVrush; 12-06-2010 at 04:58 PM.

Downloads
      Uploads
      At first it surprised me, I didn't know why it was in other colour until I clicked and discvered that was an autolink. I think it can be pretty helpfull. first in order to "locate" units nad see what they are and do. And It can be applied to strats, as I have seen.

The only reason to question it's usefulness it's If the post won't become "too much white" when talking about strats, and units, and be more speceific on those.

About GSL, i think it could be fine, but....may be someone could provide a little info about it. I searched about it on google, and didn't find a lot. Some link or a short post(in order to learn ) could really be apreciated. Just like some "GSL Background"
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------
      add me as your friend...or foe ;)
      LemanRuss #105 :: USA
      LemanRuss #618 :: EU GMT

Downloads
      Uploads
      See, I saw the links appearing today but assumed I missed some edict stating that everyone had to be more stringent about hyperlinking their posts from now on (likely stated during the "State of the Forums" address on Ventrilo that I missed this weekend). Good to know I'm not going crazy and/or missing memos.

Regarding the GSL: I don't have a problem with adding a section for it, but honestly don't see the need either. It fits fine in the General forum, in my opinion.

Leman: See the GSL entry at Wikipedia and GOMtv.net for more details.
      -smagee (#948), GMT -8

Downloads
      Uploads
      YUp, that's almost all I knew. But since most of you talk on the forum of alot of names and teams and stuff like that, I was looking for some more "specific" info.

Thanks a lot smagee
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------
      add me as your friend...or foe ;)
      LemanRuss #105 :: USA
      LemanRuss #618 :: EU GMT

Downloads
      Uploads
      I would like a GSL section please. Simply because;

1. Inevitably the sc2 general section will be over saturated (see what I did there?) with GSL news/coverage etc.

2. SC2 general forums is not fitting for tournament coverage as it is meant for 'anything under the sun except strategies and tournaments'

3. It will be much easier for everyone to view the GSL primers as all of them will be available in one clean section.

As for the GSL background, I was able to provide some information about it in my previous news feed posts. But if there will be a GSL section in the forums I will be happy to have a GSL background thread.
      LanEvoIII #988

Feel free to add me though I have not played multiplayer yet and I have not been placed yet. I will play my placement matches after my college studies (almost done).

Downloads
      Uploads
      I like it =)

Then again... I don't think my opinion should carry much weight in this. What do YOU GUYS (and gals?) think about it?
      OneManZerg - 971

Downloads
      Uploads
      Yea its a great idea, and will help link everything especially when you cba finding exact links :P and as for the seperate GSL section, maybe an SC2 news section for al the tourney news and any updates for that stuff, making the general forum literally generaly anything.
      The mind is both willing and able, the hands are too busy reaching for the beer bottle..... Add me on the SEA and NA servers: Flamga #377

GMT +10.5!

Downloads
      Uploads
      yes yes yes, it's better to have more info than to have less. It would also give new people info to read about if they don't know it.
      Be my sparring buddy!

add me:

B.net ID: woreyour
      Code #: 180
      [both NA and SEA] (I wonder why it is same...)

"I'm so sexy, I sometimes romance myself..."

Downloads
      Uploads
      Quote Originally Posted by OneManZerg View Post
      I like it =)

Then again... I don't think my opinion should carry much weight in this. What do YOU GUYS (and gals?) think about it?
      Lol.. This guy thinks girls exist on the Internet.
      Real ID: Kushakd@Yahoo.com
      Name: Kushakd - Code: 879