+ Reply to Thread + Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Protoss a micro heavy race?
  • Share This Thread!
    • Share on Facebook
      Downloads
      Uploads

Protoss a micro heavy race?

just started playing sc2 and after watching many vids from scvrush and onemanzerg. it seems that protoss are very micro heavy to the point its putting me off playing as them.

its a shame because i find protoss the most interesting race but im finding it difficult to even beat the challenges as i just can micro well enough.

is it meant to be this difficult?

Downloads
      Uploads
      Every race is hard in its own way. If you really enjoy the protoss keep playing with them. They CAN be micro heavy, but they are not necessarily micro heavy. As was alrady told in other post, macro is more important when starting the game, and it keeps your production lvl. Micro distracts you. Protoss can be really fun and have a lot of micro, but that's an "option". SOme of the challenges are really hard. DOn't bother about not being able to beat them.
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------
      add me as your friend...or foe ;)
      LemanRuss #105 :: USA
      LemanRuss #618 :: EU GMT

Downloads
      Uploads
      Welcome to the forums sir!

The race with the most amount of micro is actually terran, protoss is somewhere in between zerg and terran. Depending on your unit composition, it can more more or less. IE: Templars and colossi requires more micro then zealots. If you like protoss, I recommend sticking to what you like because you enjoy playing it the most! With a little practice, you will get better at it. Ask on our forums for questions to improve your game. =)

Downloads
      Uploads
      Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
      Welcome to the forums sir!

The race with the most amount of micro is actually terran, protoss is somewhere in between zerg and terran. Depending on your unit composition, it can more more or less. IE: Templars and colossi requires more micro then zealots. If you like protoss, I recommend sticking to what you like because you enjoy playing it the most! With a little practice, you will get better at it. Ask on our forums for questions to improve your game. =)
      I heard that the Terran was between Zerg Macro Master and Protoss Micro Master.
      Weird. What's the real answer? LOL

DerKleBesTiF - 233 - (GMT-5)
      Quote Originally Posted by OneManZerg View Post
      *Moderas writes off the Pokemon Theme song*
      Moderas, you might lose moderator status with comments like that. hahahah =p

Downloads
      Uploads
      thanks for the advice. ill keep trying. what puts me off is the necessity to use sentries to ff or guadian shield. ive bot the basics of probes and pylons but i feel so overwhelmed. terran seem quite simple to use in comparison. MM balls in particular seem very effective for such low tier units.

Downloads
      Uploads
      https://docs.google.com/drawings/edi...thkey=CIPzi88N

Made very quickly and sloppily when I was supposed to be writing an essay. Red lines represent league divisions with the last being Professional. x axis is, of course, divisions. Y axis is approximated "skill level" or neccesary ability to micro/macro.

IN SHORT: Terran starts with a low need of skill, but shoots up quickly once reaching lower diamond and reaches arguably the highest peak at "perfect" play, Zerg starts off high but grows the slowest over time, and Protoss is just a flat growth over time.
      Add me: Moderas character code: 933

"I wish I was your derivative, so that I could lie tangent to your curves." Physics jokes ftw

Downloads
      Uploads
      Terran is the hardest race to micro, hands down.

Ghosts with EMP, MM with Stim, Tanks with Siege Mode, Banshees with cloak, Vikings with the Fly/Walk ability. Almost all their units have some sort of ability that if you don't take advantage of, you will lose battles.
      Fealorin.945
      http://uentv.blip.tv/
      www.ustream.tv/channel/theuen
      www.livestream.com/theuen

Downloads
      Uploads
      Ghosts with EMP, MM with Stim, Tanks with Siege Mode, Banshees with cloak, Vikings with the Fly/Walk ability.
      Tanks with two different buttons for sieging and unsieging, no less. I can never figure out the rationale behind that when I give Terrans a shot; Zerg's burrow and unburrow is 'r' for both. Why do Terrans need two different keys for the actions? Genuine question, mind you; if a Terran player has a use for the separation, I'd be happy to be enlightened.
      -smagee (#948), GMT -8

Downloads
      Uploads
      So if you have a control group with 4 tanks, 1 sieged 3 not you can choose to unsiege the 1 without sieging the other 3. Same reason vikings have 2 different keys.
      Add me: Moderas character code: 933

"I wish I was your derivative, so that I could lie tangent to your curves." Physics jokes ftw

Downloads
      Uploads
      smagee:

Terran have 2 different hotkeys for tanks and vikings and depots in Starcraft 2. This is because people with high APM spam these keys. If they were on the same key, there is a chance that the tank will just siege and then unsiege which results in fail.

In addition, if you have a group of tanks that are sieged and unsieged, you need two hotkeys so they don't just do the opposite of each other. With 2 keys, I can siege and unsiege all tanks without worrying about the mode of each tanks.

I think borrow is an exception? What happens when you hit borrow and half of your guys are borrowed and the other half is not?