starcraft 2 strategy guide and video
+ Reply to Thread + Post New Thread

Thread: "Fake" Bronze League
  • Share This Thread!
    • Share on Facebook
      Downloads
      Uploads

Thumbs down "Fake" Bronze League

I'm really upset about the match I did like, few minutes ago.

What do you guys think about the "Fake" Bronze League?
      I don't think it's normal to begin a match, and finally get whiped off by the other team, which, has the double of your income, and a APM of 80. Hello? I'm a Zerg! The highest APM I got through was 51. I was so frustrated by this damn match, that I forgot to watch their rank off. I simply ALT+F4'ed my client to, after, simply suffer from a headache because of the Stress/Adrenaline Decompression.

I was asking myself If I should get the replay on the board to see what you guys could've tell me. But I figured out, after watching the replay, that it would be too painful.

So anyways, what you guys think about that?
      I personally think that High Ranked people shouldn't fight against Low Ranked because of the fact that they can't even handle their mass shit. At least, if someone is Diamond 1vs1, don't put it in a Bronze League in 2vs2, 3vs3 or 4vs4, ffs.

DerKleBesTiF - 233 - (GMT-5)
      Quote Originally Posted by OneManZerg View Post
      *Moderas writes off the Pokemon Theme song*
      Moderas, you might lose moderator status with comments like that. hahahah =p

Downloads
      Uploads
      You mean someone is really good loses the placements to be placed in Bronze? If they actually diamond level, they will rank up very quickly like every 7-8 games. In addition, they have only one account so yeah. Don't be so torn about these games.

Downloads
      Uploads
      To watch their ranking you can do the following:
      Go to history. select he battle you played, it will display the points lost, graphic, each player points etc. Just like if you had just played. Then select display profile of each player. You will know their ranks and everything else.

There are some reasons why those player, while not being bronze are playing against you. If someone decides to play 2v2 on random mode, the system, basically chooses the lowest ranking player as "base" so if his partner is bronze and he is diamond they might play on bronze due to the lack of hab of his mate, and to added dificulty of playing in random and not being a true team, haviong less comunications etc.

May be one of them( or both) where clasifying so they play against a lot of diferent players in order to the system decide their league. May be they were silver and where taken down to a lower league, or your team was tested to go silver.

As you can see, there are several reasons why you can play against those players. If I were you, I would not bother about that game, and think that it will help you to become a better player, and improve your team coordination, etc.

About the "fake bronze" it ass discussed on other post, but I'll try to sum it up. I think it does exist, because leagues are created alll the time. It might be that it was bronze when it was "fresh new" but actually in the systems, is so hard to go to a higher league, that as the time passes, all the payers on that league improve and keep playing , eventually some players get to a higher league, but since it is so hard, most of them are stuck, so the quality in the bronze league improves. Sometimes a new player is assigned to this bronze league and it might be fustrating, but, Just keep figthing. In my league im bronze, im always strugling on the 1/2 place, with a lot of points, and 50% win/loose (58 games on each side), and on the last week on 15 games lost 2, and I'm still bronze, the games I lost where against diamond and plat players, prob we are being tested to lbvl up to silver, but if that's the acse we should be tested against silver not diamond. So dont worry, enjoy, have fun and use those games to learn.

Yes "fake bronze" exists.
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------
      add me as your friend...or foe ;)
      LemanRuss #105 :: USA
      LemanRuss #618 :: EU GMT

Downloads
      Uploads
      Was it your placement match? if yes then again yes, you will be matched up with a diamond player like everyone else.. the 5 games in the placement match will i think match you with a bronze, silver, gold, plat and finally a diamond player or then again as leman said it, that could be the possible reasons. He was paired with a low ranked bronze or something. Also I think if he was diamond in 1v1 then it could be also his placement match in 2v2 because even if he was diamond in 1v1 he has no rank in 2v2 and ranking in 1v1 is not reflected in 2v2 I think.

So anyway don't get mad about it. Charge it to experience and you must be thankful about it because you were matched with a high caliber opponent which would only make you stronger and better, unlike matched with a weaker opponent that would make you sloppier..

as the saying goes, "what does not kill you only makes you stronger" LOL stay frosty and peace out!
      Be my sparring buddy!

add me:

B.net ID: woreyour
      Code #: 180
      [both NA and SEA] (I wonder why it is same...)

"I'm so sexy, I sometimes romance myself..."

Downloads
      Uploads
      Quote Originally Posted by woreyour View Post
      So anyway don't get mad about it. Charge it to experience and you must be thankful about it because you were matched with a high caliber opponent which would only make you stronger and better, unlike matched with a weaker opponent that would make you sloppier..
      Hahaha, that's remind me the match, right before the "Fake" Bronze Guys - We start the game, and, like, one minute after the game begin, my mate is getting PROBE RUSH. I was like ; Seriously? I just made a 7 Pool, you guys are done! The other guy was doing a 2 Gateway Push, but failed when he realised that I was breaking his Pylon.

PS: It was Bronze League, not Placement Match.

*Loggin' in SC2 to go and look out their rank*

The first guy, the one with 80APM+ ; 93k Summary ; Diamond Rank 53 1vs1 ; Platinum Rank 50 2vs2.
      The other one ; 53k Summary ; Bronze Rank 52 1vs1 ; Gold Rank 100 2vs2 ; Bronze Rank 74 3vs3.

DerKleBesTiF - 233 - (GMT-5)
      Quote Originally Posted by OneManZerg View Post
      *Moderas writes off the Pokemon Theme song*
      Moderas, you might lose moderator status with comments like that. hahahah =p

Downloads
      Uploads
      What bothers me is I have a 2v2 bronze league with a buddy. We are 26-12 have beaten diamond teams and are still in bronze ... Meanwhile another one I made with a friend who is bronze material we are in platinum with an even win/loss. We screw around a lot and probe rush and double rush to mutas etc. So, some of the losses are probably to bronze, but whenever our opponents are favored we try and almost always crush them.

But, to address your question I think the system favors getting you a quick match over a balanced one and thats probably for the best anyway.

Downloads
      Uploads
      Hey Derk,

I've seen stuff like this before. I think this can happen for two reasons. 1st is that you are playing some 2v2 random team and it just happened to pair a top level player with a lower level player. I don't know if this happens often but I think it can and that's the systems attempt to make comparable teams to fight against each other thinking that's a balance.

The second reason it can happen is those two are real life friends and one of them is a top tier player and the other is a lower level player. It has to find somewhere for them to play and so occasionally they get paired against Bronze/Silver league teams as that is what they are collectively.

Either way, don't get too frustrated with it. The system isn't perfect and it does give ridiculously hard matches from time to time. Just know that most of the time it's good and the few times you get your @$$ handed to you you can take it as a learning lesson and try to look at the replay and see if you can copy any of the better players' moves to make yourself better.

Hope that helps, keep the faith. =)
      OneManZerg - 971

Downloads
      Uploads
      The second reason it can happen is those two are real life friends and one of them is a top tier player and the other is a lower level player. It has to find somewhere for them to play and so occasionally they get paired against Bronze/Silver league teams as that is what they are collectively.
      From here, it sure looks a lot like this answer. One opponent who's diamond 1v1, plat 2v2 and one guy who's bronze everything *except* 2v2, where he's gold. Yeah, that's a team that's supported by one guy who happens to be friends with a lower-level player .
      -smagee (#948), GMT -8