starcraft 2 strategy guide and video
+ Reply to Thread + Post New Thread

Thread: Forum Rules
  • Share This Thread!
    • Share on Facebook
      Downloads
      Uploads

Forum Rules

Just a basic set of rules that I am thinking up as I write this in order to, well, assure order. Obviously interpretation or addition to these rules is always up to OMZ, SCV, and myself. I also don't think these will be necessary for the time being, but will become needed as the site grows.

1. No 1 line posts. Even if you provide a link, please give at least 1-2 sentences describing the link and what your opinion on it is.

2. Trolling is bad. If I notice that you have only had a few posts and all of them are insulting, non productive, or trying to incite an argument you will be warned or banned.

3. Off topic (Non-starcraft) related posts are allowed in the sc2 general forum, however please label them with OT somewhere in the thread title. I am allowing these because i think they will provide some interesting discussions as well as allow the community to know each other better.

4. Overpowered/underpowered whining is not allowed. If you believe something is overpowered and want to provide evidence as to why you feel that way, that is fine. Threads claiming "marines are OP cause they are" and not providing a replay or some math will be closed.

5. Keep signatures reasonable. If you have a picture you want in your sig but it is too big, let me know and I will take it in to photoshop and scale it down for you.

6. No advertisement. If you have something you feel is valuable to the community (Say a website or map download) it is probably ok as long as you prove why it could be useful. If in doubt, PM me and i will tell you if it is ok.

Example: Linking to a map you made or to a site like sc2ranks or another strategy site is fine. Linking to your friends Team Fortress 2 website is not (bad example, I know)

7. Use an informative thread title. People are far more likely to read if we know what the thread is about.

Please, do not post in this thread unless you have a specific question about the rules (specific please, not just "what is trolling?" or you feel like I have missed something that is necessary. Anything that doesn't fit in either of those categories can be PM'd to me.
      Last edited by Moderas; 11-21-2010 at 06:49 PM.
      Add me: Moderas character code: 933

"I wish I was your derivative, so that I could lie tangent to your curves." Physics jokes ftw

Downloads
      Uploads
      Advertising other websites in a signature shouldn't be allowed. Any form of advertising for that matter.
      My particle beam makes all the bitches cream yeah yeah - MC PROBE

Downloads
      Uploads
      I agree and that would be in the rules however im not quite sure on SCVRush's stance on it and i don't want to say anything to specific before I ask.

"I wish I was your derivative, so that I could lie tangent to your curves." Physics jokes ftw

Downloads
      Uploads
      I am very glad that some posting rules are finally coming down. I was thinking about also

"Use the search button to find a thread/post, do not start a new thread that is a repeat of another thread."

Maybe something along those lines?
      This will help eliminate some spam and save precious kilobytes of data.
      Fealorin.945
      http://uentv.blip.tv/
      www.ustream.tv/channel/theuen
      www.livestream.com/theuen

Downloads
      Uploads
      Another good one. Will be added.

Downloads
      Uploads
      Agreed, however if you are worried about people posting non SC related topics maybe make a new thread area to post this sort of thing? An anything goes thread for random stuff or just general talk etc. I think that would give people the chance to get that randomness of their chest, and then people that do this in the SC related threads well, they shall have the iron boot applied liberally.

Also I see nothing wrong with advertising, unless its over the top? As what you have asked us, to put theUEN sig in our sigs is the same thing, so maybe a little bit, as to promote SC strategy among all the sites, but nothing too up front, offensive or non-SC2 related when it comes to advertising, or those crappy online SC2 guides, oh god they are horrible! If you have looked at them you know what I mean.

But I think a generic rule to say that all member of theUEN to promote good sportsmanship and strategy discussion on the forums and in game, or something like that, as a DO NOT approach seems a bit negative :P
      The mind is both willing and able, the hands are too busy reaching for the beer bottle..... Add me on the SEA and NA servers: Flamga #377

GMT +10.5!

Downloads
      Uploads
      Im not worried at all about off topic threads, in fact im encouraging them. I just ask for an OT tag to keep things sorted out lol. As for the advertising im not really sure, I think if it is Starcraft related and beneficial like say for example a map you made or a place like sc2ranks.com its fine. If it is something completely unrelated it might become a problem.