starcraft 2 strategy guide and video
+ Reply to Thread + Post New Thread

Thread: GSL 3: A look into the future
  • Share This Thread!
    • Share on Facebook
      Downloads
      Uploads

GSL 3: A look into the future

Yet again a Zerg has won the most prestigious Starcraft 2 tournament. Terran, despite having three in the final four, has once again failed to win it all. And the Protoss, my race of choice, has failed once again to reach at least the final four. Yes there have only been two so far but it just begs the question; will this trend continue?

The qualifiers for GSL 3 is very near and questions will be raised;

How will the arrival of more top non-korean players (HuK and Select to name a few) affect the tournament?

Will more top Broodwar progamers make the switch to SC2?

Will the Terran be able to win it all, at last?

Will fake boxer really change his nickname to FoxeR?

Will anything be able to stop the endless victories that the Zerg swarm has been able to cook up?

And for the love of Tassadar; will my Protoss be able to make it to at least the final four, let alone win it all?
      LanEvoIII #988

Feel free to add me though I have not played multiplayer yet and I have not been placed yet. I will play my placement matches after my college studies (almost done).

Downloads
      Uploads
      Im still finding it surprising about all the people that said zerg is so underpowered, yet its zerg that wins everything? lol just an interesting thought i had
      The mind is both willing and able, the hands are too busy reaching for the beer bottle..... Add me on the SEA and NA servers: Flamga #377

GMT +10.5!

Downloads
      Uploads
      Its classic Blizzard balancing. Zerg were very weak to early pressure, so they increased Reaper, Bunker, and Zealot build time. Shortly after this change, it became more common to proxy your rax for reapers and go BBS simply because the meta game hadnt adapted to the change yet. Blizz sees this and thinks that BBS is overpowered, even though FruitDealer proved that it is possible to deal with proxy reapers using only drones and non speed lings post-patch. Blizz then proceeds to nerf reapers again and remove the possibility for BBS. Terran are now left with only marines being viable for early pressure at a time in the game where marines are horrible due to being in low numbers. As evidenced in the GSL2 finals, Zerg can now 14 hatch/15 pool and still hold off a 2 rax marine/SCV all in. In my opinion, TvZ is a very balanced match up. The problem comes in the fact that Terran has 2-3 windows where he has to act or he will lose. You can either rush before roaches or banes get out, stim timing push pre-lair, or go in to a late game drop harass frenzy and try to snipe an expo then push for the kill immediately. Zerg, on the other hand, have only 1 ever shrinking window to worry about and that is the time between when they put down their hatch and when the crawler finishes building there.
      Add me: Moderas character code: 933

"I wish I was your derivative, so that I could lie tangent to your curves." Physics jokes ftw

Downloads
      Uploads
      Yea i suppose but the ZvP is still a bit unfair due to toss teching to immortals, which a immortal/zealot combination will tear through all zerg early game units. So I suppose we will have to wait and see what other balances happen, but I think there will be something to increase the power of toss slightly, then maybe a nerf to zerg? No idea >.<
      The mind is both willing and able, the hands are too busy reaching for the beer bottle..... Add me on the SEA and NA servers: Flamga #377

GMT +10.5!

Downloads
      Uploads
      Interesting points, makes me wonder then is it a meta-game issue, player style issue or balance issue?
      LanEvoIII #988

Feel free to add me though I have not played multiplayer yet and I have not been placed yet. I will play my placement matches after my college studies (almost done).