starcraft 2 strategy guide and video
+ Reply to Thread + Post New Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Vent Server Details
  • Share This Thread!
    • Share on Facebook
      Downloads
      Uploads
      Hi, I have been trying to configure the vent, but actually my experience is zero, so I would love some advices.

Do you use it with press to talk? if you do so, which key do you use?
      Using press to talk, doesn`t "interfere" with SC2 gameplay? it's one more key t use in combat and micro and macro, in order to comunicate.
      If you don't use it with key..what could be a good configuration? sensitivity codec(GSM?) silence time....what should be checked and what not?
      Finally... how do I to incresae the general volume of vent so it can easilly be heard while gaming?

I know it`s a lot of questions, but really I have no idea about it.

Thanks.
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------
      add me as your friend...or foe ;)
      LemanRuss #105 :: USA
      LemanRuss #618 :: EU GMT

Downloads
      Uploads
      I personally use push to talk as left control and also use it to hotkey, so all of my friends get to hear my super mad gosu (/sarcasm) 90 APM every time I change hotkeys :O
      Add me: Moderas character code: 933

"I wish I was your derivative, so that I could lie tangent to your curves." Physics jokes ftw

Downloads
      Uploads
      For precisely that reason I changed it to left Ctrl+Shift. Now it only accidentally activates when I'm watching a replay and have to follow a unit. Or perhaps another situation I can't think of right now.
      -smagee (#948), GMT -8

Downloads
      Uploads
      I'm using the Push To Talk ; Mouse 5.
      I've use the Mouse 4 for a while, but it's just not working anymore... maybe I've clicked too much time on it...

Whatever!
      Outside this Configuration Tip ;
      I personally think that the Ventrilo is seriously, Empty. It's kinda sad to see a good 50 Places wasted. Everytime I look out for people on it, there is NOBODY, except Smagee chillin' out in AFK, Hahaha.

The only time I saw few people in there, was after the SCVRush and OMZ's 1vs1 match. Only OMZ, SCVRush, Cookie, iDevski, Flamga, Smagee were connected back then.

DerKleBesTiF - 233 - (GMT-5)
      Quote Originally Posted by OneManZerg View Post
      *Moderas writes off the Pokemon Theme song*
      Moderas, you might lose moderator status with comments like that. hahahah =p

Downloads
      Uploads
      I'm not on the vent server much because I have my own that me and a few RL friends usually hang out in. That, and the combination of DDO and school work has kept me busy for about 2 weeks ><

"I wish I was your derivative, so that I could lie tangent to your curves." Physics jokes ftw

Downloads
      Uploads
      I conect dialy, the only problem for me is the time difference(I'm GMT) sometimes I connect at evenings. I hope I could connect later, so I could met more people. may be some weekends.
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------
      add me as your friend...or foe ;)
      LemanRuss #105 :: USA
      LemanRuss #618 :: EU GMT

Downloads
      Uploads
      Yea thats due to the different timezones, I have come on and seen a few people on time to time however a lot of the members dont join at all even when they are playing SC2. When you go to play just throw it up and play, people will see you on and pester you :P

However the biggest times ive seen is after league games so i wanna see everyone just jump on randomly, get all your friends on from SC2 should be fun
      The mind is both willing and able, the hands are too busy reaching for the beer bottle..... Add me on the SEA and NA servers: Flamga #377

GMT +10.5!

Downloads
      Uploads
      Most people connect after weekly stream for a few games and disscussion
      IceCraft 798 - Error? I'll add you then :) Gimme a shout with your info ^_^
      GMT +9.5
      http://www.twitch.tv/jtxgaming << my stream =]
      Masters leaguer, go easy =)

Downloads
      Uploads
      Another point I would like to get on the board ;

The Audio Codec used by the Ventrilo Server itself is, well, shity. There is no way to change that back, except, for the server owner, which is, Gameservers.com - Maybe you, the owner of the UEN Ventrilo - is paying 13,24$US for 50 places, but there isn't even 50 people getting on it. For my own Ventrilo Server, I'm using Light-Speed Gaming, which is a little more expensive, but the Audio Codec is WAY, WAY, WAY, WAY much better.

A good point when playing with people, is to have the communication ; but, personally, as a Quebecer ( French Canadian, Thanks You ), also, quite bilingual, I can't barely understand what people are saying on it. I'm currently with Flamga, IceCraft and Krawll - and, IceCraft is the only one that I can hear correctly, and which is not busting my speakers due to the low quality bass.

The Codec used on UEN is : Speex 16Khz, 16Bit, 6Qlty
      The one @ Light-Speed is : GSM 6.10 44khz, 16bit. < The best codec I ever used on any Ventrilo Server.

Depending of microphones, the quality of the GSM6.10 is deadly clear ; Someone like IceCraft would have his voice crystal cleared. If, by exemple, you would like to know what I'm talkin' about ; If I'm there, on the vent, just ask me to let you test out my Ventrilo Server, so you could perfectly understand what I am talking about ; With The UEN Server, it's almost like I'm back in the first years of TeamSpeak...

No Offense, just my 2.

DerKleBesTiF - 233 - (GMT-5)
      Quote Originally Posted by OneManZerg View Post
      *Moderas writes off the Pokemon Theme song*
      Moderas, you might lose moderator status with comments like that. hahahah =p

Downloads
      Uploads
      I just switched my server to that codec and it sounds awful. Speex 32k 16 bit quality 5 was far better. I think you just have your headphones/vent settings set up to go well with your native codec so the others sound wierd O.o

+ Reply to Thread
    Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast