+ Reply to Thread + Post New Thread

Thread: I'm in a form slump - advice appreciated
  • Share This Thread!
    • Share on Facebook
      Downloads
      Uploads

I'm in a form slump - advice appreciated

Hey guys

hit a rough patch of form tonight, now not sure if its just "one of those nights" but i would appreciate some advice as i'm just being completely outplayed and i would like to know if its me not macroing enough or my unit selections are off. but on on the NA server i have lost 4 of my last 5 and on the SEA server i have also lost 4 of my last 5.

Now i don't pretend to be the best player out there but rarely do i have a trend like this.

I'll post up some replays in the replay section of my latest few games and i will link them here

Downloads
      Uploads
      I'll check them out when I have access to SC. However, your problem could be that you are thinking of yourself in a slump. I know whenever I screw up I have to ignore it or else I make even more mistakes. Maybe try playing an off race game or beat up an AI to give yourself a break then go back in to your games
      Add me: Moderas character code: 933

"I wish I was your derivative, so that I could lie tangent to your curves." Physics jokes ftw

Downloads
      Uploads
      Go into a 3v or 4v random and just cheese/rush till you win a couple and feel fine then go back to playing what you care about.

Downloads
      Uploads
      I'm inclined to agree with Moderas in that a temporary race swap can do well for your mood. After a miserable 2-week long streak of more losses than wins with Zerg, I decided it was time to experiment with the other two races, if for no other reason than to familiarize myself with their regular build timings. The shift in perspective from one's favored race (I should be better than this!) to one you're just playing with for the hell of it (I wonder what happens when I 1-gate 2-robo? Let's find out!) does wonders to rinse out the bad taste of a slump.

I've been happily stomping (and occasionally losing to) CPUs at normal speed for several days now and feel I've not only got a better grasp of the mechanics of the Protoss, but a better appreciation for why I (still) prefer Zerg as well.
      -smagee (#948), GMT -8

Downloads
      Uploads
      Agreed, i always have points in my play where i go toss or terran and go WTF they feel so foreign >.< and makes you appreciate the time you took to adjust to you main race. In a bad play streak just go out play some custom games and have heaps of fun then get back into it !
      The mind is both willing and able, the hands are too busy reaching for the beer bottle..... Add me on the SEA and NA servers: Flamga #377

GMT +10.5!