+ Reply to Thread + Post New Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: LanEvoIII's Progaming News and Updates
  • Share This Thread!
    • Share on Facebook
      Downloads
      Uploads

LanEvoIII's Progaming News and Updates

Let me begin with news that BoxeR is about to get yet another massive sponsorship:

BoxeR to get a personal sponsorship

This is the original link to the story; its in Korean so use Google Chrome's site translator etc (unless you are Korean or know Korean, obviously =)

??? ???
      LanEvoIII #988

Feel free to add me though I have not played multiplayer yet and I have not been placed yet. I will play my placement matches after my college studies (almost done).

Downloads
      Uploads
      WeRRa's resurrection

Former WeRRa member Vestige has created a new clan Project Supreme or ProS and has rounded up the remaining former WeRRa members to have a fresh start. Though ProS is at this point only a clan and not a team yet, we can safely assume it will only be a matter of time before they make their presence known in the progaming scene

Werra to make fresh start as ProS

original article

PlayXP
      LanEvoIII #988

Feel free to add me though I have not played multiplayer yet and I have not been placed yet. I will play my placement matches after my college studies (almost done).

Downloads
      Uploads
      I saw that thing about BoxeR, what is your guess on who this "I" company is? Popular guesses are Intel and IBM atm.
      Add me: Moderas character code: 933

"I wish I was your derivative, so that I could lie tangent to your curves." Physics jokes ftw

Downloads
      Uploads
      Quote Originally Posted by Moderas View Post
      I saw that thing about BoxeR, what is your guess on who this "I" company is? Popular guesses are Intel and IBM atm.
      I would probably go with the assumption that this "I" multinational company has business operations in the lines of electronics, computers, gaming, cellphones and everything else involving technology. Intel and IBM are good guesses, but the article does mention it is a multinational company that has just recently entered the Korean market, I do not know how long intel and IBM have been in the Korean market but I cannot say its not them. Regardless, I feel good for BoxeR to have people who believe in his capabilities and trust that he will be beneficial for the company. Reading the article makes you want to be a progamer and if you are good enough, earn ridiculous amounts of money from playing a video game.
      LanEvoIII #988

Downloads
      Uploads
      Intel has apparently had some role in the Korean market for a while, they sponsored GSL 1 and are a sponsor of EG so im sure those were not their first ventures in Korea. IBM, on the other hand, is a multinational company (US and China mainly, iirc) who hasnt been directly involved in Korea until recently. Though, some of IBMs subsidiaries had branched to Korea already. I really like the idea of BoxeR having his own team. Especially since Iloveoov has come over to SC2 and I believe Reach's military service ends soon. BoxeR also clearly has a good eye for scouting talent.

"I wish I was your derivative, so that I could lie tangent to your curves." Physics jokes ftw

Downloads
      Uploads
      Yeah a team led by BoxeR would be epic; maybe FoxeR would join him and I hope Flash (one of BoxeR's training partners) join him too.
      LanEvoIII #988

Downloads
      Uploads
      FoxeR just joined Prime but as far as I know SC2 has no contract system, so it is possible. Flash on the other hand is bound by contract to KeSPA. Plus, it would be a HUGE gamble for him to give up his near dominance of BW and go to SC2. I expect Jaedong and Flash to stick with BW until it burns to the ground simply because they are guaranteed to make big money there lol

Downloads
      Uploads
      FoxeR just joined Prime but as far as I know SC2 has no contract system, so it is possible. Flash on the other hand is bound by contract to KeSPA. Plus, it would be a HUGE gamble for him to give up his near dominance of BW and go to SC2. I expect Jaedong and Flash to stick with BW until it burns to the ground simply because they are guaranteed to make big money there lol
      Guaranteed huge money, makes sense to me lol, I just find it weird that a much more technologically advanced sequel does not have an instant kill effect on its predecessor in terms of professional gaming profitability. But then again it is too early to call as BW has been here for more than a decade and SC2 has only been here for less than a year and in terms of scale of time and growth; SC2 progaming is very impressive.

I wonder who BoxeR will invite in his team, probably he will get young people and eventually one of them will become his successor and bear the rights to adopt the name BoxeR.
      LanEvoIII #988

Downloads
      Uploads
      I think the reason BW is still going as strong as it is is KeSPA honestly. They had such a stranglehold on all of the players and sponsors that most of the BW pros didnt even get to see SC2 until it was commercially released. If someone like Flash were caught practicing SC2 i'm sure KeSPA would throw a fit. Hell, just recently they "retired" BoxeR and banned him from participating in KeSPA events for 3 years because he switched to SC2. They even had the nerve to take his pro license and dub him an "Amateur." I do not necessarily want BW to die, but I want KeSPA to get their heads out of it.

Downloads
      Uploads
      I think the reason BW is still going as strong as it is is KeSPA honestly. They had such a stranglehold on all of the players and sponsors that most of the BW pros didnt even get to see SC2 until it was commercially released. If someone like Flash were caught practicing SC2 i'm sure KeSPA would throw a fit. Hell, just recently they "retired" BoxeR and banned him from participating in KeSPA events for 3 years because he switched to SC2. They even had the nerve to take his pro license and dub him an "Amateur." I do not necessarily want BW to die, but I want KeSPA to get their heads out of it.
      I know what you feel, its the same case with Formula 1, I love F1 but I hate Bernie Ecclestone because he is so greedy and his management of the sport sucks. Same thing that KeSPA is so greedy that they did not start the SC2 revolution and thus they gave BW such a tight grasp by offering massive amounts of money to remaining BW players. But no fight for freedom has ever lost and eventually SC2 is going to be the only one left standing.

Day9 better detonate a nuclear freaking bom in KeSPA's head quarters and end it all once and for all

As long as the enemies of the emperor still draw breath there can be no peace
      - Warhammer 40k
      LanEvoIII #988