starcraft 2 strategy guide and video
+ Reply to Thread + Post New Thread

Thread: Favorite Custom Games
  • Share This Thread!
    • Share on Facebook
      Downloads
      Uploads

Favorite Custom Games

Just a thread to discuss custom games you may not know about.

Ones Everyone should try with friends:
      Phantom Mode- kinda cops and robbers except no one knows who is who, ridiculously fun with a friend or two cause you can either have a slight edge by telling each other what you are or you can screw them over.
      SC rally- Mario cart clone
      Battlecraft - the most basic of the ten thousand tug games where you spawn units, but don't micro or macro, just remember the unit counters are a little off when no player can micro.
      Nexus Wars/ Colonial Line Wars: the two most popular tug games where you build buildings and then your units are automatically built and sent into battle.
      Poker defence- it's basically a tower defense game, but the units you get are based on how good your hand is (five card stud)
      dark templar combat, use blnk and explosive abilities to knock people off the arena (flamga)

Single Player Games:
      Photon Command- Alien Invaders clone. I strongly suggest a left click macro if you don't want your hand to fall off.
      Hungry Hungry Baneling- see coolsmelly's post

Dota games: I bloody hate these so know nothing about them. But, as far as I know Storm of the Imperial Sanctum is the most popular. Give me info on more balanced/fun dota games if you know them.

I'll try to update the op with any popular ones.
      Last edited by NightlyNews; 11-03-2010 at 06:43 PM.

Downloads
      Uploads
      Nexus Wars was pretty fun, thats the only one i've played so far in SC2
      Add me: Moderas character code: 933

"I wish I was your derivative, so that I could lie tangent to your curves." Physics jokes ftw

Downloads
      Uploads
      I love Nexus Wars.
      I also really like team defense games, tank defense, cannon defense, spine defense, it's all cool.
      I also played this game called the Hungry Hungry Baneling, and it was crazy how different and fun it was.
      1 player only, you play as the hungry hungry baneling, and your objective is to eat units smaller than yourself by rolling over them, and you grow by eating enough units of a certain type, which also increases your hp and total HP. All the while your doing this there are armies of Terran, Protoss and eventually your own former allies who are attacking you. So fun, kinda silly and easy, but really fun.

I also really like the hero arena game wher eyou fight waves of zerg and upgrade hero abilities and stuff.
      Sooo many fun custom games in SC2, I love it.
      coolsmelly, number coming soon (as soon as I check it)

Downloads
      Uploads
      Nexus wars is my favourite

Downloads
      Uploads
      havent played nexus wars, but i do like the tug games they are amusing, and on SEA raynors party, a mismash of minigames haha its so fun :P

> Lurker rally
      > hungry hungry ultralisk (apparently ultras like pineapples)
      > a sentry game where you forcefield banelings into other people
      > marauder dodge the explosive game where you have concussive shells :P
      > marine run where you lay traps with your raven then 1 min later run your marine to the end wihtout dying
      > tassadar teaches typing, try typing some of the gibberish they say in sc1 and sc2 all by tassadar lol
      > dark templar combat, use blnk and explosive abilities to knock people off the arena :P

so fun when your bored.
      The mind is both willing and able, the hands are too busy reaching for the beer bottle..... Add me on the SEA and NA servers: Flamga #377

GMT +10.5!

Downloads
      Uploads
      Quote Originally Posted by Flamga View Post
      > dark templar combat, use blnk and explosive abilities to knock people off the arena :P

so fun when your bored.
      You need to tell me where to find that it sounds badass.
      Why my name is NightlyNews ---> http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/03/03/slow-jam-the-news-jimmy-f_n_830759.html
      ID: Brian (1312)

Downloads
      Uploads
      I love me some custom games, but only a few of them have staying power. Either people lose interest in them (like Phantom, which I love) or once you've learned the best strategy for it, it's too easy (Clone Clash).

I'm with Flamga on Raynor's Party though, lots of fun little minigames varied enough to keep you interested. Also starting to get into Colonial Linewars, but I seem to just get crushed every time ><.

Quote Originally Posted by NightlyNews View Post
      It's part of Raynor's Party .
      Avelestar 114 (SEA & sometimes NA)
      - Platinum Terran, Bronze level everything else :p

Downloads
      Uploads
      Quote Originally Posted by NightlyNews View Post
      Its on the SEA server, under raynors party as avelestar said, but i think itll be hilarious if we all play it from here haha i can imagine the abuse on vent lol, especially if im having a drink and everyone else is lol
      The mind is both willing and able, the hands are too busy reaching for the beer bottle..... Add me on the SEA and NA servers: Flamga #377

GMT +10.5!

Downloads
      Uploads
      Storm of the Imperial Sanctum (SotIS)? coz I loved dota and it has been a part of my gaming life? lol but it is really confusing coz im still new at it.. haha
      Be my sparring buddy!

add me:

B.net ID: woreyour
      Code #: 180
      [both NA and SEA] (I wonder why it is same...)

"I'm so sexy, I sometimes romance myself..."