starcraft 2 strategy guide and video

View Poll Results: Do YOU want to use a vent/mumble server for SC2?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes (VENT)

13 100.00%
  • Yes (MUMBLE)

0 0%
  • Yes (OTHER VOIP)

0 0%
  • No (ewwie VOIP)

0 0%
+ Reply to Thread + Post New Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Possible Starcraft 2 Vent/Mumble server
  • Share This Thread!
    • Share on Facebook
      Downloads
      Uploads
      Almost everyone has skype and I've played with a few different UEN members (mostly custom games) with it.

I've never used VENT or any talk program besides skype and the terrible steam chat, whats the difference?
      Why my name is NightlyNews ---> http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/03/03/slow-jam-the-news-jimmy-f_n_830759.html
      ID: Brian (1312)

Downloads
      Uploads
      Ventrilo is a server with multiple channels (as many as the admin wants) that is always open. Unlike Skype where you call someone and that starts voice chat, you can join Vent at any time and just start talking to anyone who is online.
      Add me: Moderas character code: 933

"I wish I was your derivative, so that I could lie tangent to your curves." Physics jokes ftw

Downloads
      Uploads
      I've never used either Ventrilo or Mumble (always stuck with Skype), so I refrained from casting a vote as there's no "whatever everyone decides" option. That said, I'd certainly be happy to see voice support for some of our games.
      -smagee (#948), GMT -8

Downloads
      Uploads
      Without a question... Vent. If you need help setting it up let me know.
      My particle beam makes all the bitches cream yeah yeah - MC PROBE

Downloads
      Uploads
      I think once SC2 impliments a chat system, we could get a vent server running.

Downloads
      Uploads
      Ok sounds cool, also i did put an option for another form of chat there, the only reason i never put skype is it costs to have more than 4 people per channel, and if we are to pay why not get a system for everyone?

Anyway keep it all coming in and i will take you up on the offer wispeel if i need it but i think i should be fine.
      The mind is both willing and able, the hands are too busy reaching for the beer bottle..... Add me on the SEA and NA servers: Flamga #377

GMT +10.5!

Downloads
      Uploads
      Quote Originally Posted by NightlyNews View Post
      Almost everyone has skype and I've played with a few different UEN members (mostly custom games) with it.

I've never used VENT or any talk program besides skype and the terrible steam chat, whats the difference?
      vent has a few options as to the quality of the voice depending on bandwidth etc, also vent lets you divide the channel into different sections, ie public room, team games rooms, commentating and any other thing you can think of if you need it. skype does have the better quality but also uses more bandwidth (i think dont quote me on that) so it would be horrible for SEA players with the bad internets playing on NA.
      The mind is both willing and able, the hands are too busy reaching for the beer bottle..... Add me on the SEA and NA servers: Flamga #377

GMT +10.5!

Downloads
      Uploads

Cool

I remembered something back in my HON days..

Well me and my HON buddies just have a facebook group page where we could group chat.. check who is online since we all have facebook and arrange to play as team..

hope it could help
      Be my sparring buddy!

add me:

B.net ID: woreyour
      Code #: 180
      [both NA and SEA] (I wonder why it is same...)

"I'm so sexy, I sometimes romance myself..."

Downloads
      Uploads
      Skype is more for small groups and yes it could work with it, but if UEN grows some more (which should happen), we'll need a better voice system. I vote Ventrilo (again).

I've been using Ventrilo since Guild Wars: Prophecy and it works great. Never got problems with it!
      * And there is a lot of options that apply to the user only, such as customising volume sound of users who speak too loud/low.
      CESTQUOICA [919 US] (Name changed)

Downloads
      Uploads
      Quote Originally Posted by woreyour View Post
      I remembered something back in my HON days..

Well me and my HON buddies just have a facebook group page where we could group chat.. check who is online since we all have facebook and arrange to play as team..

hope it could help
      Which would work if i didnt loathe facebook lol although SC2 already has a chat feature inplemeted, and you can invite multiple people per chat, but it still sucks really bad.

And to Cookie, yea its true and thats why im thinking of setting it all up now, as itll also give other people more of a reason to join if we have our own VOIP server as well as forum, making it more of a community etc.

GMT +10.5!