starcraft 2 strategy guide and video
+ Reply to Thread + Post New Thread

Thread: GSL R32 FruitDealer vs Boxer (the fake one not Slayers Boxer) Spoiler
  • Share This Thread!
    • Share on Facebook
      Downloads
      Uploads

GSL R32 FruitDealer vs Boxer (the fake one not Slayers Boxer) Spoiler

SPOILER: DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVN'T SEEN IT.

Wow, amazing that Boxer just straight up took out Fruitdealer in the R32. His 9 RAX MMM aggression was too much for fruitdealer. For those who are not familiar with Boxer, not Slayers Boxer. He is another korean player who is a huge fan of slayersboxer. Fruitdealer is not gone from the GSL leaving another Zerg out. That just shows how strong is. Oh, for those who are not familiar with the upcoming patch changes, they plan to nerf stimpack =\. They believe early game Terran is very powerful, but as the game progresses, Terran's power diminishes in power while protoss and zerg comes out on top.

Tasteless interviewed Boxer and ask: who is the better player? You or SlayersBoxer? He said "My name shouldn't even be in the same sentence as Lim Yo-Hwan. He is definitely the better player without a question. He is planning on changing his ID in the GSL from Boxer to something else so people don't confuse him with the emperor. Terran MMM

Downloads
      Uploads
      After seeing Fruit Dealer take out SlayerS_BoxeR I thought he was going to win the whole GSL again... proves me wrong ><

edit: We shall now refer to him as BoxeR Jr. because he is so damn good he must be the real BoxeR's son
      Last edited by Moderas; 10-27-2010 at 07:24 AM.
      Add me: Moderas character code: 933

"I wish I was your derivative, so that I could lie tangent to your curves." Physics jokes ftw

Downloads
      Uploads
      Awww, the Zerg hero fell.....

PS: Fake Boxer is top 10 in korea, he is good so this 'upset' is not as big as everyone believed it would be as Fake boxer is bloody good no matter how you cut it.
      Last edited by Redux0718; 10-28-2010 at 01:54 AM.
      LanEvoIII #988

Feel free to add me though I have not played multiplayer yet and I have not been placed yet. I will play my placement matches after my college studies (almost done).

Downloads
      Uploads
      Top 10 ladder doesnt mean a lot though. Most professionals practice in custom games with team mates because it is more controlled and because other people outside their team cant see their builds.

"I wish I was your derivative, so that I could lie tangent to your curves." Physics jokes ftw

Downloads
      Uploads
      Quote Originally Posted by Moderas View Post
      Top 10 ladder doesnt mean a lot though. Most professionals practice in custom games with team mates because it is more controlled and because other people outside their team cant see their builds.
      The fact that he still won against FD with his plays perfected by 'controlled matches' should mean something right?
      LanEvoIII #988

Feel free to add me though I have not played multiplayer yet and I have not been placed yet. I will play my placement matches after my college studies (almost done).

Downloads
      Uploads
      Im not saying he isnt amazing, he clearly is, im just saying his ladder rank cant be used as a bases for ability to compete with pros. Look how many people are above IdrA on the ladder yet none of them, including SeleCT (the #1 in the last top 200 release), could even touch him at MLG.

Downloads
      Uploads
      From what I understand re:Idra's ladder ranking, he actually does the vast majority of his practicing in ladder matches, but tests out and refines new builds there as well. If he's losing game after game while trying to see if an ultra rush works in ladder matches, it would certainly explain why he's not top ranked as well.
      -smagee (#948), GMT -8