starcraft 2 strategy guide and video
+ Reply to Thread + Post New Thread

Thread: Gaming equipment
  • Share This Thread!
    • Share on Facebook
      Downloads
      Uploads

Gaming equipment

I was curious if anyone out there uses a piece of gaming equipment like the belkin n52te or any others like it? If so what macros do you use or setting for each "game pad". Or does everyone out there just use a keyboard?

I have seen some of the videos of diamond league games here on the uen and i cannot fathom how they click on everything so darn fast!!!! i figured they must have something setup differently than i do so I pose the question, what do you use to play starcraft 2? Keyboard... mouse.... hand of god

Downloads
      Uploads
      Going to move this to general discussion, but to answer your question most SC players just use a standard mouse with a mechanical keyboard. Fruit Dealer uses a Logitech G9 mouse which runs about $60 online with a keyboard using black cherry switches (not sure what board specifically)
      Add me: Moderas character code: 933

"I wish I was your derivative, so that I could lie tangent to your curves." Physics jokes ftw

Downloads
      Uploads
      same i do have the n52te, however its sorta useless for a game like this where its all hotkeys, (supcom i used it for well as you could setup repeat building units and just focus on micro and resources) i use the razer lycosa keyboard and deathadder mouse, really all you want is the ability to put keys where you want them

i.e. backspace on the mouse for example

unless you have a very specific key setup, there is barely enough keys on a gamepad to setup for all your hotkey let alone control groups, map go things (the ctrl + F1 thingy whatever it is >.<) and then micro in battle. Just get a nice big responsive keyboard, prefferably not wireless as the last thing you need is the batteries to die mid game lol (ive seen it happen and its hilarious!)
      The mind is both willing and able, the hands are too busy reaching for the beer bottle..... Add me on the SEA and NA servers: Flamga #377

GMT +10.5!

Downloads
      Uploads
      Intel Core i5-750 Lynnfield 2.66GHz LGA 1156 95W Quad-Core Processor BX80605I5750
      ASUS P7P55D-E Pro LGA 1156 Intel P55 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
      Intel X25-M Mainstream SSDSA2MH080G2R5 2.5" 80GB SATA II MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)
      MSI N250GTS Twin Frozr 1G GeForce GTS 250 1GB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card
      G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL
      Scythe SCMG-2100 Sleeve CPU Cooler
      CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX 850W ATX12V 2.2 / EPS12V 2.91 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready Active PFC Power Supply
      Like 5 TB of harddrives. Some internal some external.
      Antec Twelve Hundred Black Steel ATX Full Tower Computer Case
      Logitech X-540 5.1
      Logitech X-5500 5.1
      Samsung 20" LCD rebadged as Dell
      Viewsonic 20"
      Samsung 40" HD LCD TV
      Logitech Dinovo Edge
      Logitech G9 (blue lights!)

That's what I play on >.< And no, the equipment isn't really much of a factor. I have friends who easily out APM me with a ball mouse. You just got to get into the habit of literally click all the time. If you click your unit to move to a specific place, don't just click the enemy base, try to micro their whole way etc. Shift-queuing makes a lot of apm go down though.

SCVrush has a pretty crazy triple monitor setup too >.<

Downloads
      Uploads
      I have:

E8400 3.4Ghz Core 2 Duo
      4850x2 for one monitor and another 4850 for the other two monitors
      Gigabyte X48 series. I forgot serial.
      Gskills 4GB 800mhz 4-4-4-12
      700W Alienware case/PSU
      Razer Mamba, Steelpad XS
      Razer Lycosa
      Bose Campanion 5
      BenQ 24inch Dell Xbright24 and 19'Rosewill
      1TB raid 0 and another 500 for storage.

Downloads
      Uploads
      That's your setup SCVrush? WHAT A PIECE OF ... just kidding lols.

Downloads
      Uploads
      SillieRabbit:
      Its pretty crappy for recording actually. my x2 4850 doesn't even work with sc2. Should just buy a really nice card.