starcraft 2 strategy guide and video
+ Reply to Thread + Post New Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What BO's/Strategy vids do you want?
  • Share This Thread!
    • Share on Facebook
      Downloads
      Uploads
      Lemanruss, what I would do is the following:
      Watch a standard T or P opening and note the EARLIEST time one of their units (thats one) can get to your base.
      Also watch a Z game where they are against early pressure as its fairly common.

Now im not sure on the timing, however I believe unless they go early aggression, you can safely 14 pool 14 gas, or 14 gas 13 pool etc without being killed. If they are doing early pressure (and you scout). You have to decide whether to make either drones or zerglings (if you got the early pool for a proxy rush or 6-8 pool)

You have 3 units available to you, zerglings, queens and spine crawlers. 2 of these dont cost any larva to make (except the replacement drone) and they are the better option. have you ever seen someone to to rush a spine crawler really early? it dont work
      So a good way to get around the whole OMG im going to die, scout at your 10 supply overlord, by the time it hits their base (with the exception of shakuras which you should always FE) you should know whether you need to go a 14 pool, if you cant see any pressure coming, go a 15 FE, if your not sure go a 14 pool 15 FE which I believe is the safest way to fast expand.

Notice how none of the above have gas involved, you dont need speed early, you need a defence early if your worried, so a couple spines if your really worried and 2 queens, making 1 each for each base, and youll be set. If your scouting, then you will know when you can make lings.

What it comes down to is Zerg is a responsive race, if you dont responed correctly, you will die, however if you do you gain an overwhelming advantage, take me v moderas league match this week (i can post the replays if you wish) both matches I lost was just to not making banelings, had the tech there, and lings, but didnt make em cause I was zoned out. Without them I just got murdered, with them i would have murdered him, which I hope he will attest to XD.

If you want a quick way to get over that fear, play some v ai games and/or ladder/friendly games and just make drones, expand and drones and see how long it takes for them to kill/get to you, trust me youll realise you have it easy compared to the other races
      The mind is both willing and able, the hands are too busy reaching for the beer bottle..... Add me on the SEA and NA servers: Flamga #377

GMT +10.5!

Downloads
      Uploads
      Thanks a lot for the advise, It solved another question I had...at what food should I scout, I was going with 8. .
      ABout the replays, I would apreciate a lot if you could upload the games, so I could "study" them better. The issue with the ai games, is that they are easy in hard, and impossible in very hard. The ai always palys the same way...attacks early, if you can hold the attack, counter righyt after ai's attack and you kill it. That's one of the reasons why I love ladder games, most of my friends are of my lvl, and I know their flaws, ladder are more challenging, fun and harder. I'm not afraid of loosing, I'm afraid of getting bored, even by being too easy or absurdly hard... because the matchmaker sucks. sometimes it gets player of your lvl(bronze in my case) and other times, like saturday you get master and diamond players as oponent.......like 4 or 5 in a row.

Thanks a lot for the information provided .
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------
      add me as your friend...or foe ;)
      LemanRuss #105 :: USA
      LemanRuss #618 :: EU GMT

Downloads
      Uploads
      My eyes still hurt from that 45 min Game 2 between Flamga and Moderas!

Downloads
      Uploads
      I am sorry for that... I played fucking terrible game 1 and 2, game 3 I played decent but I caught him off guard with my all in >.>
      Add me: Moderas character code: 933

"I wish I was your derivative, so that I could lie tangent to your curves." Physics jokes ftw

Downloads
      Uploads
      Quote Originally Posted by spicykorean View Post
      My eyes still hurt from that 45 min Game 2 between Flamga and Moderas!
      Second that.
      IceCraft 798 - Error? I'll add you then :) Gimme a shout with your info ^_^
      GMT +9.5
      http://www.twitch.tv/jtxgaming << my stream =]
      Masters leaguer, go easy =)

Downloads
      Uploads
      Quote Originally Posted by Moderas View Post
      I am sorry for that... I played fucking terrible game 1 and 2, game 3 I played decent but I caught him off guard with my all in >.>
      Yea that game was bad on both our parts :/ and the third it was literally.... ok i see him not attacking lets make drones.... (1 second later) FUCK -_- i see him move out >.<

It was too late from there
      The mind is both willing and able, the hands are too busy reaching for the beer bottle..... Add me on the SEA and NA servers: Flamga #377

GMT +10.5!

Downloads
      Uploads
      Quote Originally Posted by Lemanruss View Post
      I'm afraid of getting bored, even by being too easy or absurdly hard... because the matchmaker sucks. sometimes it gets player of your lvl(bronze in my case) and other times, like saturday you get master and diamond players as oponent.......like 4 or 5 in a row.
      The match maker sets you up based on a hidden ranking, just cause it says a person is that high, doesnt mean they are uber good. This may mean its considering promoting you :P and if you are bored make it interesting, but at least wait until you can support an aggressive sort of play to entertain yourself with

GMT +10.5!

Downloads
      Uploads
      I don't know if it's been said but...

Do a stim timing push. It's a very strong and aggressive build that also holds off most rushes. Also, if you can say what to do to transition out of it at the end. Lastly, if you can mention some choices during it (like why more marines or more marauders, etc.).
      OneManZerg - 971

Downloads
      Uploads
      I would like to see the iEchoic (TvT) build and its transistions

This build does not use infantry and I would describe it as a responsive build. Zerglike playstyle.

Fealorin is very much familiar with as we tried to do it to each other (that was unexpected) LOL
      Be my sparring buddy!

add me:

B.net ID: woreyour
      Code #: 180
      [both NA and SEA] (I wonder why it is same...)

"I'm so sexy, I sometimes romance myself..."

Downloads
      Uploads
      i'd like to see that push that fealorin used against me with marine/tank early on as zerg and how you would defend it