+ Reply to Thread + Post New Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Protoss Commentary/Strategist
  • Share This Thread!
    • Share on Facebook
      Downloads
      Uploads

Protoss Commentary/Strategist

I am thinking about doing some commentary or posting up build orders / strategies to help sc2 players regarding protoss.
      First off i would like to know what most commentators use for voice recording.
      I will most likely be recording tonight and will link when upload is finished.
      I will also try fix any options that may cause bad quality, please give me feedback
      Much appreciated, Icecraft.
      IceCraft 798 - Error? I'll add you then :) Gimme a shout with your info ^_^
      GMT +9.5
      http://www.twitch.tv/jtxgaming << my stream =]
      Masters leaguer, go easy =)

Downloads
      Uploads
      Look forward to it. I struggle against Protoss at the moment so any inside information is quite welcome

Downloads
      Uploads
      Finished casting the video, just rendering now, will upload the compressed file or link if i post on youtube when it is done, please give feedback
      GMT +9.5

Downloads
      Uploads
      for sure mate, I need to learn to counter those damned 4 gates -_- so annoying, such a high loss vs 4 gate , btw if you post a vid to show us how to cannon rush iw ill strangle you and laugh to death at the same time lol. It would be quite funny that :P
      The mind is both willing and able, the hands are too busy reaching for the beer bottle..... Add me on the SEA and NA servers: Flamga #377

GMT +10.5!

Downloads
      Uploads
      GMT +9.5

Downloads
      Uploads
      I liked it; I've never seen the double-probe scout open, although I haven't played a lot of protoss opponents either.
      Some thoughts:
      1. I'm not sure if it goes without saying, but I'd recommend emphasizing how important it is that you be able to continue your normal production when trying this strategy out. I lack the micro to really pull it off, but a good player makes it look so easy that it's deceptive
      2. The audio was *really* quiet; not sure if it was due to mic being far away or input setting being too low, but I really had to crank my volume.
      3. I didn't notice if you mentioned this in the text or not, but while you said that you were playing with random players, you didn't mention the level of the game (gold?). Both opponents looked somewhat overmatched regardless of the harass, so I was just curious where they stood.
      4. Are there protoss builds that this strat doesn't work for? While you mention that it doesn't impact your economy significantly (so long as the probes keep pumping), I'd imagine it might be hard to do a solid tech path with the constant micro requirement. Then again, that might just be my inexperience talking.

All said, nice work! I'll look forward to new installments in the future
      -smagee (#948), GMT -8

Downloads
      Uploads
      Thanks for feedback, the mic was pretty far from my mouth, i wasnt sure of how good the sound was, will put it closer next time
      The players i was vsing i believe were 2 gold players (2v2 league).
      This harras usual revolves around being ahead of ur opponent while at the same time, slowing them down.
      It is recommended for 2v2 because you have an ally that can help you, so while you use probes to harras, you can tech or FE or even zealot rush.
      Basically a strategy for 2 players
      GMT +9.5

Downloads
      Uploads
      Watching it.

I use camtasia recording, but any recording software is fine. Fraps is also good
      1. I am sure you are aware of this, your mic vol is too low.
      2. Be enthusiastic about the game especially when battle happens.
      3. I like the fact that you are very analytical which is important for commentaries. Instead of stating the obvious, you go more into explaining why you did the probe harassment because you are taking advantage of the protoss race.

We are mainly looking for a starcraft 2 protoss strategy guy who can do build orders or strategies. If you could record one of those with your mic fixed, that would be great.

Downloads
      Uploads
      Thanks for the info, ill try to fix everything up for the next video then
      Will probably be build order for 2gate + robo
      GMT +9.5

Downloads
      Uploads
      I will upload video shortly, vid is
      SCVrush vs Starfox!!! G1, of UEN League
      GMT +9.5